Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 3 Page 8

Why has nobody said anything about his haircut? It looks like he's been attacked with a strimmer.

Quote: beaky @ 13th March 2014, 8:05 PM GMT

Why has nobody said anything about his haircut? It looks like he's been attacked with a strimmer.

That's Ad Hominem: very incompetent barber; and he doubles as a garden equipment salesman.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 9th March 2014, 10:48 PM GMT

I could mundanely go on about Lee concentrating on the positive aspects of mass immigration only - 'The Polish come here to fix our broken things' - they certainly didn't fix the construction industry who abandoned all UK apprenticeships and hired cheap Eastern Europeans instead.

And I'm not even going to mention the wonderful new things I've learned from the influx of friendly foreigners in the last few years including honour killings, female genital mutilation, forced marriages, burkas, gender specific abortions, fatwas and public book burnings.

The redux routine was funny and I hate Nutall and UKip but there was nothing radical about Stew's routine, it just showcased and reenforced the current ultra positive mindset we are required to present at all times about immigration.

That's the thing that scares me the most about modern Britain. It's nothing short of Stalinist and a true left wing comedian would take issue with it.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th March 2014, 1:44 AM GMT

The redux routine was funny and I hate Nutall and UKip but there was nothing radical about Stew's routine, it just showcased and reenforced the current ultra positive mindset we are required to present at all times about immigration.

That's the thing that scares me the most about modern Britain. It's nothing short of Stalinist and a true left wing comedian would take issue with it.

But is it a left wing Stalinism?
In which case it's a good thing that Davidson's back in town

Quote: Nogget @ 12th March 2014, 3:03 PM GMT

The routine Lee did which lampooned the 'coming over here' rhetoric by looking back further and further into history failed to recognise that at certain points, it was the ancestors of us who were 'coming over here', and the people who were here at the time, like the Neanderthals, have disappeared.

No it didn't, that was the whole gist of the routine, us descendants would still be neanderthals if we were shut off from developments and inventions from outside.

Quote: Crystal Staples @ 14th March 2014, 7:47 AM GMT

No it didn't, that was the whole gist of the routine, us descendants would still be neanderthals if we were shut off from developments and inventions from outside.

The invading Homo Sapiens didn't help develop the Neanderthals, they replaced them.

Would you rather they hadn't?

And do you believe British people are under threat of extinction?

Quote: Crystal Staples @ 14th March 2014, 3:44 PM GMT

Would you rather they hadn't?

Most people would probably prefer not to wiped out by an invading race. Asking the descendants of the conquering race whether they would prefer not to have been born on the extinguishing side is equally pointless.

Quote: Crystal Staples @ 14th March 2014, 3:44 PM GMT

And do you believe British people are under threat of extinction?

Britishness is being extinguished every day. I've seen it eroded powerfully in my lifetime. In the Line of Duty on BBC2 the other day a character talked about having 'leverage' over someone. They pronounced the word lev-er-age, which is the American pronunciation rather than the correct leave-er-age.

Quote: faceless @ 28th February 2014, 12:39 AM GMT

Here he is on tonight's "This Week", promoting the new series. It's a pretty good interview compared to most, but I was a bit disappointed that he was cut off when talking about Chris Morris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ0dvSyucZA

Interesting that he claims to not do joke about anyone's appearance. The man who compared Adrian Chiles to "a Toby jug filled with hot piss".

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th March 2014, 4:11 PM GMT

They pronounced the word lev-er-age, which is the American pronunciation rather than the correct leave-er-age.

Ass is overtaking arse too. Such a small bit infuriating thing. Also, one of my friends has started saying math instead of maths. I've come close to hitting him because of it.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 14th March 2014, 7:20 PM GMT

Also, one of my friends has started saying math instead of maths.

:O
That is just unforgivable.
I might even be physically sick.

The worst ones for me are the Eskimos. They come over here wanting council igloo's, every fast food joint is fish related. I remember last summer, walking down the road and a gang of Eskimo kids pelted me with snowballs. All of them had hoodies too. None of them learn to speak English like what I do.Send the lot of them back in a kayak.....and don't even get me started on the Inuits. Bloody foreigners eh?

That Planet of the Apes clip is, as the kids say, "totes hilair".

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th March 2014, 4:11 PM GMT

Most people would probably prefer not to wiped out by an invading race. Asking the descendants of the conquering race whether they would prefer not to have been born on the extinguishing side is equally pointless.

Britishness is being extinguished every day. I've seen it eroded powerfully in my lifetime. In the Line of Duty on BBC2 the other day a character talked about having 'leverage' over someone. They pronounced the word lev-er-age, which is the American pronunciation rather than the correct leave-er-age.

That Anglo-Saxon poem on SLCV was pretty much indecipherable too. We want our country back!

Very funny half hour there with plenty of call backs at the end to tie things up. Chris Morris was on top form with his absurd suggestions for satire. George Clooney's blood vein with a swordfish in it! :D