15 Storeys High Page 4

Just listened to the first series in the trilogy, 15 Minutes Of Misery - wonderful. Very inventive, very funny. Not sure how the two 15 Storeys High outings compare, but I really enjoyed that.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/15_minutes_of_misery/

Been rewatching the DVD, how very much I heart this show. If anyone still hasn't seen it, buy it immediately. If anyone knows anyone at the BBC, taunt them with playground insults until they promise to try to get another series made.

I liked this too. It is a shame Sean Lock isn't writing more, he is quick witted so it's natural they would want him on talk shows and panel stuff. But if only he wrote more of this material. On an odd note; the Chinese guy in it was in the Danny Boyle film Sunshine.

Quote: sunderland @ November 11 2011, 11:06 AM GMT

On an odd note; the Chinese guy in it was in the Danny Boyle film Sunshine.

Wow. It's almost like he's an "actor" or something.

:D

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 11 2011, 2:04 PM GMT

Wow. It's almost like he's an "actor" or something.

snark.
:D

Just watched it again this week. Staggered by the sheer level of brilliance in the writing, directing and acting throughout. But is it worrying that I find myself relating to Vince a lot?

;) Fantasadoby stuff! <3

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ May 26 2012, 5:28 PM BST

Just watched it again this week. Staggered by the sheer level of brilliance in the writing, directing and acting throughout. But is it worrying that I find myself relating to Vince a lot?

Hooray! Was in the newsletter! Thanks to whoever put me in.

I think it was slightly ahead of its time. I reckon if they repeated it now on BBC Two (or maybe BBC Four) at 9pm with a reasonable amount of advertising (as if it were a new show) it would get decent viewing figures.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ June 2 2012, 4:04 PM BST

I think it was slightly ahead of its time. I reckon if they repeated it now on BBC Two (or maybe BBC Four) at 9pm with a reasonable amount of advertising (as if it were a new show) it would get decent viewing figures.

Well why isn't there going to be a Milton Jones series? I don't think BBC Four programmes get that much advertising. There were programmes similar to this before it-such as World Of Pub and, as I mentioned earlier Brief History Of Time-Wasting on the radio. Miranda, which you're probably referring just had a better quality of writing, I feel.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ June 2 2012, 4:04 PM BST

I agree. I got really f**ked by the scheduling, and I mean it's clear it was never going to be a big mainstream sitcom but it at least deserved a chance to pick up some viewers.

I missed this when it was around but I've just got the double DVD from Amazon for £5.50 ish and am loving it. Thanks for pointing it out Wave

Quote: sunderland @ November 11 2011, 11:06 AM GMT

On an odd note; the Chinese guy in it was in the Danny Boyle film Sunshine.

He also pops up in Prometheus. Acting. Again.

I want the Jehovah's Witness to have his own series. AYE AYE