15 Storeys High Page 2

Quote: danield1000 @ August 7, 2007, 1:02 AM

A terrific sitcom that should have got a third series. Wonderful writing and acting. I never listened to the Radio show but might have a look around for an episode if i can find one. What are your views on this show?

Better than your average chuckle, Bo Bo

I liked 15 Storeys High but I expect it is one of those you need to approach with no expectations to properly enjoy because it somewhat falls outside of the normal conventions.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 8, 2007, 2:11 AM

It went out on BBC Choice I believe - the original name of BBC3.

No-one watched it because Freeview boxes didn't exist.

'Boys So Cool' !

Yeah, I only saw it when BBC Three had a 15 Storeys Night, but before that, never heard of it.

I've been going through both series' of the show, bit by bit, over the last week, and, though I like it, I didn't think it was as good as I'd always imagined it would be. I only caught about 3 episodes when it was originally shown, and now I only have 1 more to watch out of the 12 that were made. The highlight for me was Benedict Wong as Sean Lock's passive, patient flatmate, Errol.

I thought it was glorious, 1000 times better than the okay radio show.

I've still not seen the TV version. I love the radio version though, it's ace. As is 15 Minutes of Misery, the precursor series.

Quote: Leevil @ August 8 2007, 10:56 AM BST

Yeah, I only saw it when BBC Three had a 15 Storeys Night, but before that, never heard of it.

Didn't it go out on Sunday nights on BBC2? Quite late. It's a nice little show. Not spectacular laugh a minute stuff, but quietly warped.

Just bought series 1 & 2 on DVD
About to start watching.
I never really caught it properly when it was on.

Excellent stuff, but not everyone's Blue Rat cup of tea.

One of my favourite sitcoms ever. Sean Lock is genius! Don't know why this never caught on.

Quote: Mark @ August 8 2007, 2:29 PM BST

I liked 15 Storeys High but I expect it is one of those you need to approach with no expectations to properly enjoy because it somewhat falls outside of the normal conventions.

I'd go along with this.

I just found this series and loved it! Errol's wallpaper issues were the funniest moments of the series for me. Why didn't it have another series? Was it lack of viewers or was Sean Lock not up for another series? I heard him say that his idea was to have it look cold and depressing in setting with rather light humour in context and I thought that was the perfect way to describe it. With the exception of when Errol explains why he won't be bringing his girlfriend by. Too bad too, it seemed like it was just reaching a whole new level.

Quote: honora @ October 9 2010, 7:32 PM BST

Why didn't it have another series?

It had two, I think.

The second series is not too good. Some people might say that there's a little too much much Lamarr in it. The first series is sublime.

Quote: Mark @ August 8 2007, 2:29 PM BST

Poppycock! What about Miranda? What about Brief History of Time Wasting? What about World of Pub? What about We are Klang? Surely some people know what to expect when a sitcom seemingly falls outside normal conventions?