The Job Lot - Series 1 Page 4

I enjoyed this, but please get rid of the incidental music.

I can see this growing into a real favourite. It mixes the absurd with the realistic nicely and the characters are starting to fill out well too. Did miss the Bryony character this week but on the whole I really enjoyed it.

I really liked this, not laugh out loud funny but well written and pleasant viewing

It's another pretty good comedy with no 'Burst Out Laughing' moments whatsoever. Should we be happy with that? The more new comedies that come out, the more I realise how completely brilliant shows like Father Ted and Blackadder were. And Shirtless guy is starting to get tedious now.

Quote: Michael Barton @ May 6 2013, 9:55 PM BST

Vicious 0 The Job Lot 1

Now that is script writing.

You're right, to a great extent. But I don't find it funny at all. So Vicious wins despite the scoreline, after a steward's enquiry into the nature of comedy. :P

Watched episode 2...it was OK. Good in parts, not really representative of life in a real Jobcentre, but then I never expected it to be! However, some of the characters are quite interesting, so I think I will keep watching it. And I am beginning to warm to Sarah Hadland's character Trish.

I'm on the fence about it. It seems to me that the potential is there, but so far it's mostly been "new setting, same old workplace situations" type of sitcom.

Jo Enright's character is the best thing about the show so far.

Another good episode. This show is beginning to grow on me but I do agree that Jo Enright's character Angela really does make the show as she really does play a great part!

Can't say I'm that keen on it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 6 2013, 10:58 PM BST

I enjoyed this, but please get rid of the incidental music.

You can't use "Bring Me Sunshine" by anyone else except Morecambe and Wise.

Maybe the youngsters have never heard it like on the McDonald's advert.

Was that Stelios's mate?

Couple of funny single entendres slipped in by Sarah Hadland's character.

"I don't want you to go down on me".

"We had to finish them off by hand".

I don't like Angela.

Angela is a great character.

The 3D text on top of the building really annoys me every time I see it. The perspective looks wrong to me and there is no way that the tree branch is to the right of all the letters given that the trunk is pretty much infront of the door.

But the show itself is growing on me a bit.

I bloody love this, it is very funny and cleverly written. Loved Monday's episode.