Peep Show - Series 8 Page 22

Funny very funny and a return to the dark, dark days.

Marks's final line was beautifully dark.

I see Tom Basden wrote that one. It was okay with some nice moments, but ... I'll sort of be glad when (I assume) we see the back of Dobby at the end of this series. Not sure I'm really that interested in her relationship with Mark. It hasn't been a great Peep Show arc.

Dobby is a bit dull, but I think she's being a straight man to some great Mark and Jez madness.

Not least of all Mark's obsessive need to have her in his flat. Wouldn't be half as funny if she wasn't so well ordinary.

Episode 5 was a bit of a down episode for me. Around the same level as Episode 1.

Still funnier than anything else on TV recently though.

Episodes 4 and 5 entertaining but not all that amusing - classic Peep Show indeed.

I think Dobby was more interesting when Mark was pursuing her affections. Now he's finally got her it's a bit meh.

Quote: Aaron @ December 24 2012, 10:43 AM GMT

Episodes 4 and 5 entertaining but not all that amusing - classic Peep Show indeed.

You class "not all that amusing" as classic Peep Show?

I do.

Quote: Ben @ December 24 2012, 11:29 AM GMT

I think Dobby was more interesting when Mark was pursuing her affections. Now he's finally got her it's a bit meh.

Has he really, though?

I think the kid was so obvious it just wasn't funny

Mark still carrying copies of his book was though

Quote: Ben @ December 24 2012, 11:29 AM GMT

This Dobby seems a bit bland. A different version to the one in the stationary cupboard, and the one who mocked Jeff in a weird and slightly embarrassing way.

I loved last night's episode and can't believe that tonight is the last one of this series.

What's really stuck out for me has been Robert Webb's acting ability. Every line he delivers seems to be effortless and beautifully timed.

Have to agree the story arc of this series has been pretty much a non-event, but it was great to see the show get 'dark' again. Mark's lust for power at the resident's association and Jez having to sleep in a bin liner on Mad Andy's floor reminded me of the old days.

Still kicking the arse of every other sitcom on at the moment.

Quote: shaggy292 @ December 24 2012, 12:12 PM GMT

Has he really, though?

Well I assume they're only banging each other.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 24 2012, 1:47 PM GMT

I loved last night's episode and can't believe that tonight is the last one of this series.

What's really stuck out for me has been Robert Webb's acting ability. Every line he delivers seems to be effortless and beautifully timed.

Have to agree the story arc of this series has been pretty much a non-event, but it was great to see the show get 'dark' again. Mark's lust for power at the resident's association and Jez having to sleep in a bin liner on Mad Andy's floor reminded me of the old days.

Still kicking the arse of every other sitcom on at the moment.

It got very, very dark. They really pushed Jez's utterly pathetic hopelessness all the way upto 11, dancing for a 5 year old and being sexually tortured.

And as for Mark, going on the road for work without a car. Ouch that felt kinda personal as I've been there with work. And yes I've done 2 trains and 2 buses with a satnav.

Albeit they must find more stuff for the 2 of them to do together, they're like a sort of actorly Morecambe and Wise.

Just 3 hours and 25 minutes to the next episode. I haven't enjoyed this series as much as six and seven, but it's still been pretty good.