Peep Show - Series 8 Page 18

Not sure how long it will be before the lifecoach thing becomes boring. Was starting to grate a bit in this episode, but it seems it's continuing on. The next episode sounds good though.

Quote: Ben @ December 13 2012, 10:55 PM GMT

Not sure how long it will be before the lifecoach thing becomes boring. Was starting to grate a bit in this episode, but it seems it's continuing on. The next episode sounds good though.

I think he's shaking it off already. Seems to already have decided it's too much bother/responsibility.

I still like his idea of becoming an admiral.

Quote: Nogget @ December 13 2012, 9:36 AM GMT

Can't blame Mark for not knowing Hot Chip, who would want to?

That's what was lovely about that scene: the other teams' preternatural ability to guess bands made you really feel for Mark. If the joke had simply been "the stuffy man doesn't know about pop music", it would have been alright, but the way they pitched it was lovely.

I loved this episode, more than 2 and much more than 1: yes, like others, I can objectively state that the paintball set up felt like sit com by numbers, and that Jez falling for Dobby was a riff on earlier material, but this doesn't matter when the show makes you cackle every few moments. And, come on, sit com is a highly artificial genre, who cares if some well-trodden paths are chosen, so long as it's funny?

Quote: gappy @ December 14 2012, 4:08 PM GMT

That's what was lovely about that scene: the other teams' preternatural ability to guess bands made you really feel for Mark. If the joke had simply been "the stuffy man doesn't know about pop music", it would have been alright, but the way they pitched it was lovely.

But you could also argue that the old Mark would have taken steps to avoid being humiliated.

He does understand the internet, if nothing else, and could have done some prep.

I think I'm wasting my time a bit, seeing as 'I have decided to forget the previous seven series and will just laugh at the funny words as I hear them on the screen' is the prevalent theme on here it seems.

Quote: Jinky @ December 15 2012, 12:36 AM GMT

just laugh at the funny words as I hear them on the screen

Seems like a good way to go.

But you could also argue that the old Mark would have taken steps to avoid being humiliated.

He does understand the internet, if nothing else, and could have done some prep.

I think I'm wasting my time a bit, seeing as 'I have decided to forget the previous seven series and will just laugh at the funny words as I hear them on the screen' is the prevalent theme on here it seems.

Well, I did mention earlier in this thread that there was a lack of consistency of character on Peep Show. Go me. Although I'm not sure this is a new phenomenon, I think it dates back to the early series.

With reference to the Mark getting humiliated over his lack of musical knowledge, did he know in advance there would be a music quiz? (I genuinely can't remember). And even if he did I get the impression that, like viewers, he's getting bored with Dobby too. And maybe just doesn't cre anymore.

And the bottom line is, it is still a funny show with a lot of quotable lines. And God knows there are precious few of those on British TV at the moment.

Yes, those idiots who are still enjoying something you don't! :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 15 2012, 11:48 AM GMT

Yes, those idiots who are still enjoying something you don't! :D

Worse than that, they're enjoying it FOR THE WRONG REASONS!!!!!!!!

Pirate

The Independent have today declared that Jeremy falling for Dobby is a brilliant twist.

Call me a sadist but I thought the idea of the 'snitch', the random ball bearing in the paintball gun was hilarious. There also seemed to be a kind of solidarity between Mark and Super Hans which was refreshing. Loving the series so far!!

I hope I don't forget about this weeks episode like I did last week. That was some angst, I can tell you.

Paintballing without masks? Haven't they seen Biker Grove?

MA MBA was good.

Nothing else was.

Great episode tonight. Loved the bit of observation about shallow people wanting the modern / traditional look.

'You're not allowing me to steal your girlfriend, you bastard' Laughing out loud

Well well well.

That was totally totally brilliant.

Classic Peep Show.