Peep Show - Series 8 Page 20

I'd like the second the "that were right brilliant" posts in this thread, very funny episode. Almost touching the earlier series really.

Quote: Matmerismo @ December 17 2012, 12:18 AM GMT

... Tumbleweed....

Yes, it's quite dull.

Very amusing indeed, the right balance between "funny words on the screen" and sit com plotting.

I felt that Mark didn't really have to be so cruel to the woman from his course, he could easily have made a polite excuse or even have told the truth and been grown up about it. Obviously it's funnier to imagine her weeping alone when she discovers he's gone, but I don't think sneaking out was the only, or even logical, course of action.

Other than that, I thought it was great. Always nice to see Squarepusher and Venetian Snares discussed on TV, too.

I thought that was weird too. I don't see what drove him to do that.

One of the features of every great sitcom character is their fatal weakness. Basil Fawlty's snobbery, Harold Steptoe's snobbery.

And Mark is a coward and profoundly pessimistic. So the idea of doing anything even slightly brave escapes him every time. He is scared of everyone, including himself.

If it wasn't a comedy he would be a hopelessly tragic figure.

Yeah, a good episode although I didn't laugh as hard as at the opener.

Reminded me a bit of the episode when Mark sleeps with that music industry woman at the Christian Rock festival. Mark does seem to sleep with a lot of women for someone who is supposedly so terrible with them.

I've tried three different anti depressants so far and none work as well as Peep Show, I never tire of it. Mark going on about "all the bands" and his face apologising to his tutor for talking. Jez doing his Goodfellas kicking impression on the depressed decorator. Super Hans morphing into a smooth talking bathroom salesman is very funny too. It's the best thing on TV, thanks guys and Channel 4. :-)

Quote: Ben @ December 17 2012, 6:57 PM GMT

Yeah, a good episode although I didn't laugh as hard as at the opener.

Reminded me a bit of the episode when Mark sleeps with that music industry woman at the Christian Rock festival. Mark does seem to sleep with a lot of women for someone who is supposedly so terrible with them.

"Could you make that?"
"No"
"Could anyone?"
"Yes"

---------------

Anyway, how about a head-count:

Sophie
Dobbie
Music-label manager woman
Goth teenager in the first series

I only make it four.

Didn't happen:

The blonde girl at the university.
The posh cougar next-door in the first few series.
The date when he got burgled.
Big Suze (he turned her down though).
The fat sister whose dog Jeremy ate.
Sophie's friend at the coffee shop.

That's a good point actually, Simon.

I was going to list Jez's, but life's too short...

Ignore comment, thought you were talking about Jez.

EDIT: Mark was lady raped by the butch soldier woman.

Mark's old school friend he met at the reunion.

Quote: Shellysheroes @ December 17 2012, 7:24 PM GMT

I've tried three different anti depressants so far and none work as well as Peep Show.

They should use that quote in Peep Show promotional material.

Quote: lofthouse @ December 17 2012, 9:45 PM GMT

Mark's old school friend he met at the reunion

Ah yea, I forgot her.

I'm in the school of thought that Mark wouldn't have just left the MILF in the lurch. He'd have stammered out an excuse, no matter how lame. Not least because he knew he'd have to see her again in the MBA class.