Peep Show - Series 8 Page 24

Quote: sootyj @ December 24 2012, 11:07 PM GMT

And the final fight was just too nasty to really be farce or slapstick.

The electric shock fence battle cracked me up.

Really? I think the bit where they were actually going to kill each other but were still squabbling about it was funny. The electric fence was a bit Last Of The Summer Wine for my tastes.

Not once was anyone electrocuted on a fence in Last of the Summer Wine. That would be an understandable comparison if Mark and Jeremy rode a bathtub on wheels through the Yorkshire dales. Laughing out loud

The ticket collector looked familiar. I'm sure she was one of David Brent's dates from The Office Christmas Specials.

Series 8 was written knowing that series 9 was already commissioned.

Fingers crossed that series 9 is written looking for a commission for series 10.

That will almost certainly make it a better series.

Quote: johnny smith @ December 24 2012, 11:31 PM GMT

Not once was anyone electrocuted on a fence in Last of the Summer Wine. That would be an understandable comparison if Mark and Jeremy rode a bathtub on wheels through the Yorkshire dales. Laughing out loud

Actually I think a cross over could work.

Mark shagging Nora Batty with a look of ernest suicidal gloom on his face.

Whilst Jez and Super Hans sell hash cakes at the harvest festival and play folk death metal classics.

Quote: chipolata @ December 24 2012, 11:42 PM GMT

The ticket collector looked familiar. I'm sure she was one of David Brent's dates from The Office Christmas Specials.

"Oh, for ffff...."

I felt it was an underwhelming end to the series. Some very funny laugh out loud moments, but a real lack of action between. It's been an average series overall.

Too much plot, not quite enough gags for me (I long for the time when nobody had ever heard the phrase "story arc"). Still, as a denouement, it worked quite well: I like the fact that Dobby left thinking Mark & Jez were inseparable chums. I also like the knowledge that they will inevitably drift back together again in that flat (and not just because series 9 has been commissioned).

It worked, but I'd rather rewatch most of the other episodes than this one.

Overall I'd echo that by Peep Show standards this was a disappointing series. A fatal flaw was that it was built around a love triangle that nobody - characters, writers or viewers - seemed all that interested in. However, it does still wipe the floor with just about every other British show, and there were enough flashes of brilliance to make it very enjoyable. For me, the highlight was the paintball episode, in which Superhans was at his glorious, unhinged best.

Looking forward to Series 9.

Quote: shaggy292 @ December 25 2012, 4:55 AM GMT

"Oh, for ffff...."

Not that one.

As Dobby's stint in New York is only supposed to last for six months, presumably she'll be back for series nine?

Quote: groovydude89 @ December 25 2012, 1:25 PM GMT

As Dobby's stint in New York is only supposed to last for six months, presumably she'll be back for series nine?

I doubt she'll be back. At least I hope to f**k she isn't. She's fast becoming Peep Show's Yoko.

Quote: chipolata @ December 25 2012, 1:36 PM GMT

I doubt she'll be back. At least I hope to f**k she isn't. She's fast becoming Peep Show's Yoko.

But if there's no Dobby, no Sophie and no Big Suze - the show's gonna be completely devoid of clunge!

Jeremy's a bit of a clunge to be fair.

The bit where Jeremy destroyed the pie looking for a ring made me laugh for ages.