Jimmy Savile Page 7

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 4 2012, 11:38 PM BST

Just finished watching the programme.

Guilty as f**k.

I hope you don't make all of your big moral decisions based on what is shown on the telly. But it would explain your liking of Jeremy Kyle.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 4 2012, 11:46 PM BST

I think Savile hung with a very dodgy gangstery crowd. They wouldn't have given two poos about his behaviour.

As for the BBC at that time, unless someone came forward with irrefutable evidence, there's not much they could have done.

But it does bring up a very interesting moral dilemma. There are loads of criminals at the top, who do all sorts of illegal and immoral deals and yet have thousands of people working for them, relying on them to make a living wage. Is it worth losing your job, mortgage, future earnings, etc. by being a whistleblower? What if you do go to the police and there's an unsuccessful prosecution? How would you pay your bills? Who would hire you again? How can one person, a relative nobody, take on such powerful figures single handed?

It's a toughie.

Sadly I see what you mean. Aren't human beings crap!

My nonce radar has been proved to be in excellent working order!
Even with today's latest discovery. (cough hamsters cough)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 4 2012, 11:58 PM BST

I hope you don't make all of your big moral decisions based on what is shown on the telly. But it would explain your liking of Jeremy Kyle.

Aww, you remembered.

"kiss, kiss"

Anyway, it's not a moral decision. It's a did he or didn't he decision. And the answer, for me, is an unequivocal yes.

Quote: keewik @ October 4 2012, 11:58 PM BST

Sadly I see what you mean. Aren't human beings crap!

To be fair, we've been conditioned to be crap and put the financial needs of ourselves and our families first over some stranger we don't know or care about.

E.G. - you work for Jimmy Savile in the 1970s and are on great money. So well off are you, that you can afford to send your kids to a superb private school to give them a fantastic future. If a young girl from a troubled background comes forward and says that Jimmy Savile should be put in jail, and the resultant effect means the money dries up, then you have to make a choice between her and your own children.

Like I said, moral dillema.

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2012, 12:07 AM BST

(cough hamsters cough)

Richard Gere or Hammy? ;)

Even with today's latest discovery. (cough hamsters cough)

Is this just rumour or confirmed. It wouldn't surprise me, but there was no mention of this in the programme.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 5 2012, 12:11 AM BST

To be fair, we've been conditioned to be crap and put the financial needs of ourselves and our families first over some stranger we don't know or care about.

E.G. - you work for Jimmy Savile in the 1970s and are on great money. So well off are you, that you can afford to send your kids to a superb private school to give them a fantastic future. If a young girl from a troubled background comes forward and says that Jimmy Savile should be put in jail, and the resultant effect means the money dries up, then you have to make a choice between her and your own children.

Like I said, moral dillema.

But it didn't always appear to be someone below him that was covering up. It seems it was also those above him. Again a financial decision though.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 5 2012, 12:08 AM BST

Anyway, it's not a moral decision. It's a did he or didn't he decision. And the answer, for me, is an unequivocal yes.

If that is what the programme makers wanted you to think, then it has been a resounding success.

BTW, I think the dodgy f**ker is guilty as hell and I didn't even watch the programme. Just dropping you a warning that not everything on the telly is unbiased, documented fact.

Quote: Pingl @ October 5 2012, 12:13 AM BST

Is this just rumour or confirmed. It wouldn't surprise me, but there was no mention of this in the programme.

He had an injunction against ITV until this evening.

Head to the newsagent tomorrow...

Freddie Starr threatened to burn my house down.

TRUFAX.

Even with today's latest discovery. (cough Carpark cough)

Eh??

What I don't get is why Esther Rantzen was so shocked. She worked at the BBC at the same time, she must have been aware of the rumours etc. She was in on the showbiz tittle tattle and must have heard more than the average person. There were some real shifty beggars on that programme, the sweaty reporter and the guy in the seaside comics jacket. Very grubby.

She was ashamed not shocked, to see her shaken up like that was disturbing to say the least.

To be fair he only started going into girls' bedrooms to get hamsters to eat. I mean where else do you get them.

Jeremy Clarkson?