Jimmy Savile Page 5

Quote: Badge @ October 4 2012, 12:20 PM BST

So the likeness was close, but...

It didn't pass me by. Clever badge. Laughing out loud

Quote: Nogget @ October 4 2012, 5:36 PM BST

Very true, I can't imagine any song today being successful with the lyrics:

"You come on like a dream, peaches and cream, Lips like strawberry wine. You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine."

I don't know about that. Have you not seen or heard the lyrics to songs by many contemporary 'urban' music stars?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ October 4 2012, 4:25 PM BST

So in his defence I'd say it wasn't all that uncommon back then, the 50s, 60s and 70s for bods in his profession, with his celebrity and money to be indulging in that sort of thing fairly quietly, and for it to be secretly known and tolerated. Nowadays it's shock horror heinous tabloid headlining stuff but back then it just wasn't anything like as big a deal. In 1974 no one even bothered question those very frank passages in his book. That's the way it was then.

I don't know why you're arguing with this - I guess you're all too young. Britain was far more sexual permissive in the 1970s than it is now. People would have drawn a very sharp distinction between a 14 year old and eight year old. Legally you could probably put the majority of rock stars on the sex offenders register because there are plenty of 14 year old (and younger) groupies.

It's possible that these people will receive the Saville treatment after their death, but it's probable that they won't because they'll still remain cool and have a huge fan base while Saville, like a warty spinster in the middle ages fits the bill nicely as a social pariah and general wrong 'un.

Interesting debate that will no doubt rage on

My only contribution is to state that I hope the vile, disgusting piece of filth rots in paedo hell.

http://thejohnfleming.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/jimmy-savile-the-birth-of-a-paedophile-hoax-on-have-i-got-news-for-you/

Simon Mayo interviewed Paul Merton on his Radio 2 drivetime show yesterday and bought it up. Merton said it was a fake and although Savile was a bit odd nothing like that took place.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 4 2012, 1:46 PM BST

So it wasn't just Jimmy (allegedly)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-saw-jimmy-savile-and-gary-1359297

Also Gary Glitter and another unnamed celebrity who was big in the 80s.

Let the speculation commence!

My money's on Zippy from Rainbow.

It was supposed to have been a comedian, and the act taken place in the 1970s. Hence the unnamed man was then a bit of a Star(r?).

Quote: Aaron @ October 4 2012, 7:36 PM BST

Have you any idea how much I rubbed my screen trying to remove those smudges? :S

I'm so glad I'm not a teenage girl anymore, they've been having a hard time of it recently. If they're not being groomed by gangs, or murdered by their 'step-grandads' they're being heckled at the Labour Party Conference!

It's such a shame those women didn't have the courage to tell all when he was alive. I'm just surprised there are people who think he didn't do it!

The rumour that I heard when I was younger was that he used to indulge in Necrophila when he was a Porter.

I bet none of those victims come forward either.

I wouldn't put anything past the mad eyed, crazy haired, mother loving bullying C**t

Wonder what his mum did to him to turn him so disturbed? :/

Quote: zooo @ October 4 2012, 11:24 PM BST

Wonder what his mum did to him to turn him so disturbed? :/

male chauvinist pig!!

There's no need to call her names...

Quote: AngieBaby @ October 4 2012, 10:49 PM BST

It's such a shame those women didn't have the courage to tell all when he was alive.

They were getting free booze, ciggies and rides in posh cars from a famous bloke off the telly and the only father figure they've ever known. Why would they give up all that good shit?

Of course, I'm being facetious, they probably never came forward as no one would believe them. Household name who does great work for charity versus troubled teenage girl in care with psychological problems - it would be a pretty one sided fight.

It's more of a shame that all his mates and fellow employees who clearly knew what he was up to chose not to go to the cops.

That makes them nearly as bad as him IMO.