Jimmy Savile Page 6

Quote: zooo @ October 4 2012, 11:24 PM BST

Wonder what his mum did to him to turn him so disturbed? :/

The Duchess?

He did keep her room untouched as a shrine or something didn't he?
I'm not sure if it was strange relationship, but I'm guessing maybe it was

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 4 2012, 11:33 PM BST

The Duchess?

He did keep her room untouched as a shrine or something didn't he?
I'm not sure if it was strange relationship, but I'm guessing maybe it was

I'd guess that it must have been quite odd.
I've never actually heard anyone mention his dad.

Just finished watching the programme.

Guilty as f**k.

They should dig him up and burn what remains.

Quote: lofthouse @ October 4 2012, 11:33 PM BST

It's more of a shame that all his mates and fellow employees who clearly knew what he was up to chose not to go to the cops.

That makes them nearly as bad as him IMO.

Agree. I felt like punching the one that was saying he wouldn't 'demean' himself . What a sanctimonious prick!

There should be a lot of bastards out there with guilty consciences.

As someone who always despised and detested Saville even out of proprtion even to his utter direness as an entertainer and his cynical use of charity for self-proportiom, I am gratified to learn that the viscernal intensity of the reaction he provoked in me was only the workings of my nonce radar.

Quote: lofthouse @ October 4 2012, 11:33 PM BST

It's more of a shame that all his mates and fellow employees who clearly knew what he was up to chose not to go to the cops.

I think Savile hung with a very dodgy gangstery crowd. They wouldn't have given two poos about his behaviour.

As for the BBC at that time, unless someone came forward with irrefutable evidence, there's not much they could have done.

But it does bring up a very interesting moral dilemma. There are loads of criminals at the top, who do all sorts of illegal and immoral deals and yet have thousands of people working for them, relying on them to make a living wage. Is it worth losing your job, mortgage, future earnings, etc. by being a whistleblower? What if you do go to the police and there's an unsuccessful prosecution? How would you pay your bills? Who would hire you again? How can one person, a relative nobody, take on such powerful figures single handed?

It's a toughie.

Quote: keewik @ October 4 2012, 11:42 PM BST

There should be a lot of bastards out there with guilty consciences.

Judging by some of the comments on this thread, there should be a lot in here as well.

Quote: Tursiops @ October 4 2012, 11:45 PM BST

As someone who always despised and detested Saville even out of proprtion even to his utter direness as an entertainer and his cynical use of charity for self-proportiom, I am gratified to learn that the viscernal intensity of the reaction he provoked in me was only the workings of my nonce radar.

I always thought Jonathon King was a Wonky lipped bag of puke, but had no real opinion on Gary Glitter.
My Nonce radar only works intermittently.

<Standard everyday picture of deeply eccentric mad eyed crazy haired big cigar biting heavily bejewelled and bangled gold larme suited widely grinning deejay>

Aaawwwwooooaaawwwooooaaawwwwwooooo, owzabout that then little girls?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 4 2012, 11:46 PM BST

But it does bring up a very interesting moral dilemma. Is it worth losing your job, mortgage, future earnings, etc. by being a whistleblower?

The sheep are wimps, let's face it. "I don't want to get involved" etc. etc.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ October 4 2012, 11:48 PM BST

Aaawwwwooooaaawwwooooaaawwwwwooooo, owzabout that then little girls?

Now then, now then Alfred. Try not to speak ill of the dead. As Michael Jackson, Bill Wyman and Roman Polanski have shown, we only excuse paedophillia if there is a certain amount of artistic merit.

Savile's biggest crime was being rubbish - well probably not his biggest crime - but you get the idea.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 4 2012, 11:50 PM BST

The sheep are wimps, let's face it. "I don't want to get involved" etc. etc.

Whenever a footballer does a boo-boo, the manager and the club close ranks. Whenever a high ranking lord of the realm does a boo-boo, they're protected by the Government. Whenever a billionairre businessman does a boo-boo, they hold a toothless inquiry that only convicts the pie thrower. It's not a very optimistic precedent for the lone voice.

In fairness there are a lot of people waiting to take Jackson down.

(I always loathed his music. So score another one for the nonce radar.)

Quote: fasty @ October 4 2012, 10:37 PM BST

Have you any idea how much I rubbed my screen trying to remove those smudges? :S

I didn't even notice them! Wouldn't have posted it if I had. The words were shit and clusterf**k, if anyone's wondering. :)

I'm not a big fan of Eamonn Holmes at the minute.
Is it working or not?