Lead Balloon Page 12

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 22, 2007, 4:57 PM

Probably because she's never in the room when she asks? That's the tactic.

True, but she was in the room when she mentioned the petrol money.

Sorry, I'm nitpicking now! She is a good character but I do want to throttle Rick and tell him, "SAY NO!". Perhaps that is still to come later...

Perhaps in the finale he will strangle her and try to blame it on American writer man.

I love the daughter, think she's ace and quite naturalistic.
I only realised this last episode that we never, ever see her interacting with her mother. That felt like the first time they'd actually spoken on screen.

That daughter does'nt open her mouth when she speaks. She will never take a cock in that.

And that's why her boyfriend always looks so miserable.

Quote: zooo @ December 22, 2007, 7:41 PM

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ December 22, 2007, 7:41 PM

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Yeah your probably right there.

Quote: catskillz @ December 22, 2007, 1:34 AM

Does anyone else besides me feel like giving the girl who plays Jack Dee's daughter a good slap, every time she comes on the screen?

She is a very annoying character isn't she! I found myself shouting at Rick not to give her any money last week.

Obviously the intention is for the character to be annoying, so I guess we should conclude that its a job well done by the writers and Antonia Campbell Hughes (the actress).

Going back to the episode, it was nice to see something finally going right for Rick.

There's some great subtle character development creeping in I notice - i.e. Michael's loneliness is being exposed; and Rick and Marty heading for a break-up is being signalled (Marty can't put up with Rick taking all the credit for the jokes for much longer can he?)

The whole of series 1 is on Dave tonight (31 Jan) from 9pm

Quote: Johnny Green @ January 31 2009, 3:57 PM GMT

The whole of series 1 is on Dave tonight (31 Jan) from 9pm

Nobody told me.

I love Lead Balloon.

Although it'll never quite be up to the standard which NGO and Outnumbered have set (nothing ever can be!) I find it highly amusing.

I agree however, with the earlier point on Rick's partner....she is entirely useless and should be given more of personality as opposed to Rick's moral compass.

Other than that, I think it's brilliant. :D

It's funny, it took me a while to "tune in" to it's unique style, but now that Series 3 is complete ... I crave more Jack Dee!!!!

Do I need help?

Quote: Mrs Mack @ February 8 2009, 4:45 PM GMT

I agree however, with the earlier point on Rick's partner....she is entirely useless

But hot. And that's good enough for me. :$

Thoes anyone know what's that swing music in the show? I don't mean Paul Weller - One Way Road, but another, faster one. I think it's in every episode, but I just can't find any info about it on Google. :(

Quote: Aaron @ November 17 2007, 3:48 PM GMT

Ooooohhh, now there's a rare breed - a Curb hater!

I hate it so much that I switch over whenever I see the bald geezer on the trailers. I believe he's a writer.