Lead Balloon Page 10

Quote: Aaron @ December 17, 2007, 3:16 PM

Yes, that's what I thought. Also some aspects sounded like Timmy Mallett.

It was clearly Timmy Mallett, although he's not famous for having an kid-related issues. Walla wall bang bang (see Waka day), big coloured glasses, and an inflatable spanner (see Mallett). Come on!

By the way, i see Timmy on the train every now and then. I wasn't sure straight away as he was wearing smart glasses, wore a plain suit and was balding, but the big f**king pink mallett next to him gave it away!

Yeah, its gone off the boil in the last few episodes. But they have plenty of scope. Have you noticed they have been doing the rounds with the characters.. Michael at the cafe and his librarian girlfriend, Magda and her driving license, Mel and her illness etc. I think they should stick to lots of mixed stories like the dinner guest/Magda dish/Protester one.

Just make it all about Michael!

How ace would it be to see his home.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 17, 2007, 7:08 PM

Yeah, its gone off the boil in the last few episodes. But they have plenty of scope. Have you noticed they have been doing the rounds with the characters.. Michael at the cafe and his librarian girlfriend, Magda and her driving license, Mel and her illness etc. I think they should stick to lots of mixed stories like the dinner guest/Magda dish/Protester one.

There's no "s" in "licence". :P

Quote: zooo @ December 17, 2007, 7:39 PM

Just make it all about Michael!

How ace would it be to see his home.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually lived in the café. Restaurant. Thing. Place.

Aww.
He sleeps curled up under the cash register.

LOL, yep, exactly! :D

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 17, 2007, 7:08 PM

It was clearly Timmy Mallett, although he's not famous for having an kid-related issues. Walla wall bang bang (see Waka day), big coloured glasses, and an inflatable spanner (see Mallett). Come on!

No way! That's the best story I've heard all day. It's a bit tragic really isn't it, him still going around getting his money by entertaining drunk students.

Then again, when I was a student a few years ago I went to see Bodger and Badger - off kid's TV - the guy, aka Bodger, was so drunk he could barely stand and all he did was chat up girls. Perhaps it's not such a bad life!

(Fact: Timmy Mallett is also an accomplished artist)

I like Timmy Mallett.
He's practically the only ex kids TV presenter that I don't think is an old paedo.

:)

BLEUGH!

Quote: David Chapman @ December 17, 2007, 7:07 PM

I think it's the best sitcom on TV at the moment.

You're probably right.
Hmm... it's not as good as the Boosh. Not at all.
But, 'Big Deal' anyway. It's ok, but not funny enough for me to make an effort!

Quote: zooo @ December 17, 2007, 10:20 PM

I like Timmy Mallett.
He's practically the only ex kids TV presenter that I don't think is an old paedo.

:)

Why are you so sure? All childrens entertainers are - allegedly.

Quote: Mark @ December 17, 2007, 9:04 PM

Then again, when I was a student a few years ago I went to see Bodger and Badger - off kid's TV - the guy, aka Bodger, was so drunk he could barely stand and all he did was chat up girls.

I won't tell you what I was doing.

BTW, I thought this episode was an obvious parody of a Timmy Mallett-type character (but without the slur). No Little Britain reference crossed my mind.

I've also heard from someone who has dealt directly with the Mallett on a corporate do, and according to him Mallett is a genuinely decent bloke and he does a very professional job. So big up the Mallett.

Quote: Mark @ December 17, 2007, 9:04 PM

Then again, when I was a student a few years ago I went to see Bodger and Badger - off kid's TV - the guy, aka Bodger, was so drunk he could barely stand and all he did was chat up girls. Perhaps it's not such a bad life!

Bodger & Badger rule.

Oh yeah. I love The Mallet. Clearly a pro.

Quote: Badge @ December 17, 2007, 11:03 PM

I've also heard from someone who has dealt directly with the Mallett on a corporate do, and according to him Mallett is a genuinely decent bloke and he does a very professional job. So big up the Mallett.

Yay! I knew it.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 17, 2007, 10:32 PM

Why are you so sure? All childrens entertainers are - allegedly.

I just have fabulous potential paedo spotting skills.
I spotted Gary Glitter and Jonathan King yeeears ago! (Along with everyone else in the country.)

Jim'll Fix It will be the next one, just you mark my words!*

*I am of course joking, and have no basis for this whatsoever.

I just have fabulous potential paedo spotting skills.

Is that why your nose looks like a carrot?