Lead Balloon

What rating would you give it on the Naffometer?

(5=good and 0=bad)

I'd give it a 2 personally. Wasn't all that fond of it.

It grew on me. And recently I've even been missing it a bit.

What was naff was the unbelievable relationship between Jack Dee and his wife (a largely wasted Raquel Cassidy) I don't think he even kissed or touched her once in the entire series, reflecting Dee's own uncomfortableness around women, in my opinion.

Also naff was the fact that he had an American writing partner - almost as if nothing is funny unless there's an American connection.

Also the video was overgraded (too dark and lacking in colour) Some scenes looked like f*cking Fight Club.

But it was slickly made and only had one weak episode (Wayne), so 3.75, like Aaron, though I'd love to give it 0, because of the wife and partner stuff.

Stop throwing rotten veg at me...... but i loved "lead Ballon" the witing was... well real... the cafe scene's were a bit... well stolen but it was ok... and the dumb boyfriend was from evrey sitcom going...but in a sad boring evening way... i liked it...righty start with the mushrooms and peppers... and the moldy onions...but remember its just my opinion.

I loved:

Julian won't like that zoo, nothing maverick about working in a café

Not the dreaded green eye monster but he looks like a right smarmyarsed pritstick. I've seen more boheme in aisle 10 morrisons. It just goes to show that the trendy Graunid readers who chomp on the museli at Thather are just safestyle cafe owners who think dead animals and lod noises are funny. Im gonna put om my star Trek suit and watch black books. Yada.

I thought - what's Lead Ballon? And then you mentioned jack Dee.

I thought it ws really good - typical JD. Maybe you just don't like him.

I would give it a 3 & would watch it if nothing else was on.It may have got a 4 if I had never seen 'curb'.Better than Hyperdrive though(rated 0 on my comedy scale)

Id give it a four out of five; yes it wore its influences a bit to brazenly, but the bottom line is it was well written, performed and it was funny too. Which is always a bonus for a comedy.

it gets a 3.15 from me above average.
It has comparsions with Curb. CYE is in a differnt leauge. The main gut in CYE is Larry David and he has that thing he can say what he likes. Jack dee tries to say what he likes but he is British and not insecure for the right reasons. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 20, 2007, 7:30 PM

Julian won't like that zoo, nothing maverick about working in a café

Maybe, maybe he's in a jazz band at the weekend. Errr

They can address that in the second series...