Lead Balloon Page 11

I must fess that I am enjoying Lead ballon lots. Although I do think Jack Dee's character is a slight rip off of Larry David in Curb!

Quote: zooo @ December 18, 2007, 12:07 AM

Jim'll Fix It will be the next one, just you mark my words!*

*I am of course joking, and have no basis for this whatsoever.

Nah, it'll be that arty fellow off ITV.

I have never watched this show, but I have heard that it is good.

Quote: zooo @ December 18, 2007, 12:07 AM

I just have fabulous potential paedo spotting skills.
I spotted Gary Glitter and Jonathan King yeeears ago! (Along with everyone else in the country.)

I'm ashamed to say I once voted for Jonathan King. He was standing for the Royalist Party and canvassed outside Ashtead station in Surrey in his white Rolls Royce.

Quote: zooo @ December 17, 2007, 7:39 PM

Just make it all about Michael!

How ace would it be to see his home.

We saw it!!

Yay. :)

It looked quite nice.

This show has really won me round, another great episode tonight.

Is it out on DVD?

Quote: jacparov @ December 20, 2007, 11:27 PM

Is it out on DVD?

I love it too.

The new series obviously isn't out yet, but the first series is on DVD. Some of the best plots were definitely in the first series IMHO (Rick managed to lie his way into some really awkward situations), so definitely worth watching for the first time or again...

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3438571/-/Product.html]

I thought last nights was interesting because Spleen actually came out on top at the end of the episode, which made a nice change. I wish he'd do more with the other characters, though, such as Michael leaving him for another comic. I'd also like to see Spleen get away from his surroundings, and see him on tour.

On the subject of the first series, the DVD is under a tenner in HMV, and contains the best Lead Balloon episode of all, the one where Rick pretends to have cancer.

Tour? I don't think he's meant to be nearly successful or popular enough for that!

That just means he has to tour incredible shitty venues.

Cheers Mark, an xmas present to myself me thinks!

Should go well with the jimmy carr dvd!

I haven't read the other pages of this thread, so apologies if somebody has already said this, but anyway, does anyone else besides me feel like giving the girl who plays Jack Dee's daughter a good slap, every time she comes on the screen?

Quote: catskillz @ December 22, 2007, 1:34 AM

I haven't read the other pages of this thread, so apologies if somebody has already said this, but anyway, does anyone else besides me feel like giving the girl who plays Jack Dee's daughter a good slap, every time she comes on the screen?

I thought Rick was finally going to say "NO" this week, but he got suckered in as usual. Funny how his wife never intervenes on his behalf. Decent episode again.

Quote: Jay72 @ December 22, 2007, 1:22 PM

Funny how his wife never intervenes on his behalf.

Probably because she's never in the room when she asks? That's the tactic.

It's got nothing to do with her asking for money all of the time, that makes me was to slap her, it's just her voice.