30 Rock Page 4

I don't think Seinfeld would really stoop as low as to just appear on any old show in order to promote something, it would be a show he likes. I have huge respect for Jerry Seinfeld, he made a clear choice to end Seinfeld when he did even though NBC were offering ridiculous amounts of money for him to continue and then he decided he wanted to go back to stand-up and didn't want to be one of those actors/comedians who try to hog the limelight forever.

Oh and also yes Tina Fey is hot but they try to present her character as not being hot..although she quite clearly is.

If you saw the Seinfeld episode, it was pretty bad. At least in my opinion. Definitely he did it to promote his movie. The only funny line was about there being a "secret island only the very rich know about".

And Seinfeld has been all over NBC with little (mostly unfunny) comic bits to promote his BEE MOVIE movie, which has gotten some great reviews, admittedly. Probably take my kids to see it. But he is all about the self promotion at this point. And why not?

-Erik

Well it is common to promote a movie before it's release, but I don't think it's shameless promotion. Seinfeld obviously likes 30 Rock and of course still has a good relationship with NBC.

Steady on Martin, firstly I absolutely love 30 Rock, especially the ep with Seinfeld in it, it's been great to see him in something after Seinfeld, and not just appear on any crappy show, but the main motivation is promotion and I'm not knocking it at all.

Erik, sorry I disagree, all the scenes with him and Jack were great and this bit

Liz: [Crying] I know, i'm not over it and now i'm wearing this. [Similar to the way Seinfeld says it] What is the deal with my life!?
Seinfeld: Are you imitating me!?
Liz: No, this is what I sound like when I cry.
Seinfeld: I think i'm a little insulted.
Liz: You're insulted!? I'm crying!?

On the subject of promotion in sitcoms, last nights episode was a corker, with all the Snaffle gags. And it's worth saying yet again, Alec Baldwin has developed into an incredible comic actor (pity about his parenting skills, though).

Yeah last nights episode was my fave so far. All the schnapple stuff and Baldwin's rehearsal video was just hilarious. :D

Great episode last night, Baldwin is just so great in this series. I used great twice then,which sounds stupid, but cant be bothered changing one; so there. This show is great.

The characters in this are so good, and how mental was Elizabeth Taylor kicking that gawky blokes arse?!

'You got a pager?'
'Yes, Im expecting a phone call from 1983.'
Great stuff!

Good episode.

Jack: Lemon, today is the first day of the rest of your life; and what is the first thing you need to do?
Liz: I have to break up with Dennis.
Jack: And if you don't break up with him now?
Liz: He'll just keep showing up at work to sell beepers; we'll just get more and more tangled up in each other's lifes 'till I can't even get away and we're just like... [gasps] Oh, my God!
Jack: That's right! He's the Rat King. And there's only one way to break up with a rat, you have to cut him off completely
Liz: I know.
Jack: You have to stuff your heart with steel wool and tin foil. You must be ruthless, you must be absolute. Remember always you are the exterminator, say it!
Liz: I am the exterminator!
Jack: Say it like you mean it!
Liz: [louder] I am the exterminator!
Jack: Louder!
Liz: [shouting] I am the exterminator!
Jack: Okay, not that loud. People are trying to work around here.

Alec Baldwin is seriously a genius, especially last week with that compilation of mistakes he made trying to make a promotional video.

I've to say something about tonight's episode... I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Tracy going mad was just excellent. Oh, and Pete with the wig, ha.

I find Tracey one of the least funny aspects of the show - to me what makes it work is the interplay between Lemon and Jack. Although the nerdy door guy is very good.

I missed last nights! Does anyone know if and when it's repeated?

Nope, it's not. You'll have to, ahem, 'acquire' it.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 23, 2007, 12:36 PM

I missed last nights! Does anyone know if and when it's repeated?

If you have the 'Five U.S.' channel on sky or digital or whatever, its always repeated on there on a Sunday at about half seven, thats when I watch it.

Ah. I'd forgotten I deleted that from my channel lineup. Woops. :)