Live from Kirrin Island - call for submissions Page 6

It was false alarm, too many pints of real ale over the jubilee apparently.

++++ ONE-LINERS ++++

Hello everyone. I'm delighted to say we've collated over 50 sketches for Live from Kirrin Island. Every one has been scrutinised and commented upon and we're confident we've got some excellent material which will make the cut for the show next weekend after the customary Script Ed polishing :)

Now calling for topical "one-liners" for the show. We intend to do voxpops from the Islanders which will use a similar structure to the Newsjack Jackapps. If you're not a NJ listener of contributor here are some of my favourites from the last series to give you a sense of the structure. I'm sorry I haven't credited them but you can find these and their authors on critique.

So, Camelot have complained about the Health Lottery, but if it wasn't for them there's no way I could afford to have my extra testicle removed. Thank God for that bonus ball.

WOMAN:    (Birmingham) Yeah, we got some great pictures on our daytrip to the M25. I'm just not sure how to download them off the speed camera.

WORKING CLASS MAN: I paid £250 to dine with the labour party leader. They sent me a pot noodle and a DVD of Ed Milliband's greatest speeches. It was over before I'd even thrown up the pot noodle.

MAN:    (Glasgow) If pagan prisoners want the right to wear hoods and pray naked, why don't they just transfer to Guantanamo?

The MoD have announced that they will be stationing surface-to-air missiles to protect the Olympics, unfortunately due to defence cuts this will mean extra work for our javelin throwers.

I went to the Dr Who convention and it was paradise - by that I mean it was full of virgins!

So the government is selling a third of its stake in RBS to Abu Dhabi? That leaves us taxpayers with ... just the BS.

Submit your ideas on the single critique thread until the end of Wednesday 13th June. And do highlight your favourites that are being posted.

Alison

Hi there your trailer says it goes live on monday.. shouldn't that be Saturday, hope is all going well.

Ah well. That's because we're performing the show on Saturday night but it's being first broadcast on Monday evening (which is of interest to the radio listeners) at 7pm - which leaves me about 36 hours to do the editing. I'll hope you'll be listening on brooklandsradio.co.uk :)

Thanks for the best wishes. What started out as a jolly wheez idea a couple of months ago all seems very real in three days time!

Alison

Good luck!

I'm feeling the love <3

A jolly wheeze is okay on two provisos. 1. You are not an asthmatic and 2. There are lashings of ginger beer!

You're right. I need to get some in for Saturday don't I? Ginger beer, not asthma!

Get a moscow mule. Timmy get down you are so lippy!

Final reminder to let me have any "real names" for credits if you haven't already PMed me. If you've replied to Jamie in the one-liner critique thread, no need to copy me in.
Thanks everyone,
Alison

One and a half hours til live recording

21 sketches in the bag, scripts printed. Currently brainstorming one liners...

It's nearing 1am and the recording is in the can. Not the edit mind you but the recording. A truly fantastic day and night - and we all learned so much. Some real performance stars emerged. Stephen Holford! - Newsjack's Lewis eat your heart out - brilliant impressions of Prince Phillip and a terrorist. Great writing contributions from Ed, David, Jamie and Angie. Jack was perfect as comedy host and very strict on the pick-ups (quite right Jack). Superb script editing by Stu, and Dan - way beyond the call of duty with a young baby. And also beyond the call of duty was Emma who came to relax and read a newspaper - instead was a star on sound F/X to great effect. And we missed Stephen and Andy but felt their spirit with us. A namesake even made a sketch :)
I'm too buzzing to sleep. Edit tomorrow... And then Brooklands Radio 7pm Monday.

And there's pictures of us at work during the day here http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/making-of-kipod/having-fun-with-episode-one/

Alison

Well done all. It was a great effort. Particularly Alison for making it all happen - a huge task. Looking forward to hearing the broadcast.

So,erm, when's the next one? :D

Is this a pilot or episode 1?

Fantastic effort organising all this. Will tune in to listen to it tomorrow.