Live from Kirrin Island - call for submissions Page 9

Quote: Big Jack @ June 18 2012, 8:43 PM BST

All the six main principals were awesome.

Steve was amazing - a Lewisalike - Geezer, Morgan Freeman, the mechanic, Osama, Judge, Prince Phillip, Julian, many more (including an excellent one that you won't have heard) - should be doing more voice work for sure

Sylvia was fantastic - really game and excellent range in the theatrical tradition - very versatile and added variety to the troupe

Francesca is really talented and will go far - loved her Anne and her BBC jubilee coverage was so good.

Alex arrived at about 7pm and just got stuck into it with very little preparation - picked it up and just did it - fantastic - and a very distinctive voice.

But a big shout out for Jamie (3Songs) and David (Salisbury), BCG regulars who probably weren't expecting to feature as much as they did. Jamie's terror network terrorist was superb - "Osama we love you and everything buyt we just think of you as an old man in a hole." (and an uncannily good James Murdoch, which missed the cut). And David seemed to be in every sketch as far as I could tell!

It was a pleasure being there to hear these guys.

And the voiceover guy was ok too ;)

I echo everyone else's comments about what a great experience it was from start to end, and the astonishing amount Alison did in the space of a day. As a script ed, it was also great to be in such a strong position at the start of the day in terms of sketch and one-liner options to choose from - the power of BCG!

Quote: LippyAlison @ June 18 2012, 7:54 PM BST

Well done team. Sounds like they want us back! xxx

Favourite sketches anyone? Mine would have to be QueenieWeenie, Osama Dysfunctional Terror Network, War of Words (specifically the goat) and the Deportation of Mawhinney....

Credits are here by the way if you missed the show.

Some people write sketches, I get sketches written about me!

I alas had to miss the final edit/recording day but the whole experience leading up to it was really enjoyable and a real taster of some of what the NewsJack team go through each week.

I still can't believe we've gone from nothing to a radio show in 8 weeks. And I say we but really I mean Alison + the rest of us.

Hello all,

I'm delighted to announce that the Live from Kirrin Island podcast is up on the website here - http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/the-podcasts/
The credits for episode 1 are also at that link.

Do go and check it out. You can also hear it "live" on Brooklands Radio at 9pm Friday 22nd June.

Oh, and for any of the team listening, you'll note it's a new and improved edit with more music and better embedded FX (Titanic, War of Words etc)

Live from Kirrin Island will be back after the Famous Five have taken their summer hols :)

Alison

:) All fantastic stuff -great idea, thanks Alison for asking here!!

I listened to the podcast over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Well done to everyone involved.

Thank you. That's very kind. It was a lot of work but great fun and very rewarding. And lots of rough edges we want to improve another time :)

And as Stu pointed out, great input from BCG writers which made it possible.
Alison

All

Live From Kirrin Island now has a final edit and is riding relatively high in the iTunes chart. If you could take a moment to download and review that would be splendid! KIPOD iTunes page KIPOD MP3 for the Anti-Apple brigade, though we'd appreciate you using iTunes if you have it

Thanks

Dan

Forgot to download it while at work, I'll try to remember Monday. :)

Quote: swerytd @ June 29 2012, 3:05 PM BST

All

Live From Kirrin Island now has a final edit and is riding relatively high in the iTunes chart. If you could take a moment to download and review that would be splendid! KIPOD iTunes page KIPOD MP3 for the Anti-Apple brigade, though we'd appreciate you using iTunes if you have it

Thanks

Dan

Those links are not working for me, they just lead back to this forum...

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 29 2012, 10:04 PM BST

Those links are not working for me, they just lead back to this forum...

This link will work for iTunes for sure.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/live-from-kirrin-island/id539347438
or search for "Kirrin Island"

Here's the position at 23:09 (Fri night). We are 24 in the ITunes comedy chart. Hoping for a big push tonight to make the top 20... If anyone is willing to visit iTunes, subscribe, download and rate it, that would be brilliant and would put the icing on the cake for everyone involved from BCG - the very long list of credited writers names appear in itunes episode entry for the show. If you can do those three things; subscribe, download and rate that would help enormously.

Here's hoping :)
Alison x

Edited to add (Sat morn):: We're still in the running this morning - up one to 23. One big push everyone and we can overtake Chris Moyles (isn't that a good enough reason to do it) for a top twenty slot.

Got it now, thanks :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 30 2012, 11:17 AM BST

Got it now, thanks :)

You might have made a difference :) We're up to 22. I can't stand the suspense!!
Alison

Done it can't see how to rate it?

That's really impressive, and I have just discovered an album I have on there that I'd forgotten about so double bonus :)

Quote: Marc P @ June 30 2012, 12:16 PM BST

Done it can't see how to rate it?

Thanks Marc :) If you're on a PC it might be you have to select write a review. My iPad and iPhone have the option to rate somewhere pretty obvious.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 30 2012, 12:17 PM BST

That's really impressive, and I have just discovered an album I have on there that I'd forgotten about so double bonus :)

Yay! We made number 20. Thank you so much for everyone's help contributing material, listening and downloading and rating etc. The power of BCG :) Live from Kirrin Island became a Top 20 iTunes comedy podcast on it's very first outing.

Wow. I need to go and have a lie down. I am absolutely knackered!!

Alison xx