Live from Kirrin Island - call for submissions Page 2

This looks quite promising, there's a stellar list of contributors involved. I'll definitely be sending a few bits over when the time comes.

Quote: LippyAlison @ May 13 2012, 9:20 PM BST

Evan, I'd like to be inclusive in ignoring Mikey. I don't have the absolute rights but I would like to be notified when others do, in fact, ignore Mikey.

Huh?

:P

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ May 14 2012, 10:19 AM BST

This looks quite promising, there's a stellar list of contributors involved. I'll definitely be sending a few bits over when the time comes.

Gerry, that's great. We shall welcome your contributions.
Alison

I'm currently working on a sketch. I hope to have it finished and posted in critique within the next few days.

can you post sketches you've sent to newsrevue and/or treason?

Quote: groovydude89 @ May 14 2012, 5:44 PM BST

I'm currently working on a sketch. I hope to have it finished and posted in critique within the next few days.

That's great groovydude. Look forward to seeing it :)

Quote: blahblah @ May 14 2012, 5:53 PM BST

can you post sketches you've sent to newsrevue and/or treason?

If it's still topical and hasn't already been used by anyone then sure. Might be worth taking the opportunity of improving any bits that would benefit from a rewrite though if others didn't pick it up the first time.

Here's my effort - https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/24562

It was inspired by the recent upsurge in Twitter users being prosecuted.

I'm sure I've read all the famous five books. Was there 21 ? So that's the research bit done. Pity is was 30 years ago.

Think I'll have a crack at a sketch, even though I already know it 'would be better as a jack app'..

Mr Bench, yes do submit a sketch. There were indeed 21 books in the Famous Five series although they all had the same story; kids break up from school (boarding naturally - social mobility wasn't a problem back then), meet up, go on an "adventure", get into a sticky situation with dodgy fisherman/tinker/farmer/gypsey traveller etc, foil their plans, and come home heroes to lashings of ginger beer and cake. Sounds idyllic. There have been various complaints that the Famous Five were in fact four and a dog, but I think that's just whinging Secret Seven readers who had low esteem.

But don't get hung up on the F5 component - a topical sketch is what we want. We can weave in a F5 reference, context or opening later if it seems appropriate.
Alison

I liked the Famous Five, especially the one in Dorset.

Secret Seven's dog wasn't a member. And that appears to be the difference between boarding and comprehensive...

Dan

Quote: LippyAlison @ May 22 2012, 1:20 PM BST

Mr Bench, yes do submit a sketch. There were indeed 21 books in the Famous Five series although they all had the same story; kids break up from school (boarding naturally - social mobility wasn't a problem back then), meet up, go on an "adventure", get into a sticky situation with dodgy fisherman/tinker/farmer/gypsey traveller etc, foil their plans, and come home heroes to lashings of ginger beer and cake. Sounds idyllic. There have been various complaints that the Famous Five were in fact four and a dog, but I think that's just whinging Secret Seven readers who had low esteem.

But don't get hung up on the F5 component - a topical sketch is what we want. We can weave in a F5 reference, context or opening later if it seems appropriate.
Alison

I wonder if anyone has commented on the fact that the Original Famouse Five were a bunch of schoolboys in the Bunter/Whitefriars stories - who also formed a secret society with others for a number of ongoing stories called - The Secret Seven.

Not really a sketch as such Lippy Alison but feel free to punch it up :)

Quote: Marc P @ May 22 2012, 2:52 PM BST

I wonder if anyone has commented on the fact that the Original Famouse Five were a bunch of schoolboys in the Bunter/Whitefriars stories - who also formed a secret society with others for a number of ongoing stories called - The Secret Seven.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ May 22 2012, 2:52 PM BST

Great. Thanks! I suppose you'll still want a credit?

Even though I have a poor memory, didn't George ride a Raleigh Grifter in the opening credits for the TV series ?