British comedy is no longer funny Page 25

Quote: Ben700 @ January 22 2013, 4:09 PM GMT

Quite a lot I'm looking forward to.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/new_british_tv_comedy_for_2013/

Definitely a few to look forward to there, 'It's Kevin' being one to watch out for I'd say.

New Graham Linehan sitcom, too.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2013, 10:28 PM GMT

New Graham Linehan sitcom, too.

Which one's that?...being lazy now.

Count Arthur Strong.

That looks very promising.

Plenty on that list to look forward to: Funny Business, Alternative Comedy Experience, It's Kevin, Weekly Wipe With Charlie Brooker, Set List, Family Tree, and The Secret Dude Society.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2013, 1:22 PM GMT

If only the kids on Outnumbered were cutting their dicks off and injecting heroin instead of being so darn middle class, maybe you'd find it a lot funnier?

That's an absolutely fantastic idea. I quite like the idea of a series starting out as light hearted sitcom and then slowly descending into a dark gritty and moving drama. It would certainly take the audience on an unexpected journey.

Quote: dinkyboo @ January 30 2013, 11:51 PM GMT

That's an absolutely fantastic idea. I quite like the idea of a series starting out as light hearted sitcom and then slowly descending into a dark gritty and moving drama. It would certainly take the audience on an unexpected journey.

Then you'll love the final season of Roseanne, which turns out to have been a fantasy concocted by the lead character to distract her from her husband having died of a heart attack at their daughter's wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLMNwiIMPY

That is kind of what they did in the final season of One Foot In The Grave. It was not a fantastic idea.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 31 2013, 9:01 AM GMT

Then you'll love the final season of Roseanne, which turns out to have been a fantasy concocted by the lead character to distract her from her husband having died of a heart attack at their daughter's wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLMNwiIMPY

Spoiler! :O

Quote: garyd @ January 31 2013, 1:56 PM GMT

Spoiler! :O

Also, Bruce Willis was a ghost all along!

Quote: David Bussell @ January 31 2013, 9:01 AM GMT

I hated that.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 31 2013, 2:10 PM GMT

Also, Bruce Willis was a ghost all along!

So it should have been called 'Died Hard'?

Good stuff here, although starts out a bit dodgy at the top of the list. Count Arthur.. reminds me of Harry Worth. Very promising though, that list.

Or even into a Jam style surreal, terrifying madness.