Room 101 - Series 1 Page 6

In addition to hating the Olympics, I'm now starting to hate those people who moan about people who hate the Olympics.

Laughing out loud

Watched this on iPlayer the other night (the one with Gabby Logan). I thought it was very funny particularly Frank. I still prefer the more intimate style of the old series though. Having three guests makes it just another pannel show.

Yay! I made it on to the weekly newsletter with my critique for this show.

I watched the extended episode two, it was ok but seemed very flat and slow. Maybe the 30 minute show was a bit quicker and sharper.

I'm with Danny Baker on Panel Shows . . . seems there's a new one announced every other day . . .

Gah! Missed tonight's episode. I thought 9pm was BBC comedy time on a Friday.

Will catch it on iPlayer later s'pose. :(

I've enjoyed the new format, it has revived a show I always enjoyed (espcecially the Nick Hancock series). I think introducing 3 guests was a great idea, not just because it gives them more possible subjects for discussion, but there are so many celebrities these days, it gives those D-listers another outlet for their talents.

The new format seems to hold up well without a comedian guest, then. The balloon sculpture of Cooper was a moment that was very reminiscient of the show's previous incarnation, I thought.

Quote: ScotiaNova @ February 3 2012, 6:29 PM GMT

I'm with Danny Baker on Panel Shows . . . seems there's a new one announced every other day . . .

I follow comedy news stories for the guide, and I can tell you that it doesn't just seem that there's a new panel game announced every other day - it really does happen.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 4 2012, 11:21 AM GMT

I follow comedy news stories for the guide, and I can tell you that it doesn't just seem that there's a new panel game announced every other day - it really does happen.

Bloody hell!

Last night's episode was really quite enjoyable, mainly thanks to Chris Packham's hatred for everything.

The story about ripping up the small child's drawing was hilarious.

Chris Packham was brilliant. I was worried about the lack of comedians involved in the episode before it started, but it was quite entertaining thanks to Packham and his dislike of everything.

He's a right grumpy bugger.
Was quite funny though.

I thought it was great, and love how Packham is now, comedically, known for sleeping with animals.

Was it on Buzzcocks that they mentioned him 'loving' animals too?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 4 2012, 11:21 AM GMT

When I say it seems like every other day, in reality it's every day . . .