Room 101 - Series 1 Page 8

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 13 2012, 4:40 AM GMT

Was a fan of the old show, but it was right to take a long break. It should have come back as it was, with a new round of guests who haven't been on before. Now they're recycling them, racing through items and I'm sick of Frank Skinner tbh, I wish they'd have been far more inventive with the choice of host. Some have said it's lost its intimacy, it has, and some have said it's just yet another panel show now, it is. Angry And it's become an excuse for stand up twats like Noble to do more of their cringey crap. Don't like it.

I completely agree with this. The old format was great because it was like a comedic interview but now it's a really substandard panel show - I love good panel shows, but this isn't good.

Jamelia was the most persuasive "guests" more like!

Did anyone else sense an atmosphere between Ross Noble and Frank Skinner? Is there an underlying feud there?

Quote: Tom G @ February 14 2012, 3:52 PM GMT

Did anyone else sense an atmosphere between Ross Noble and Frank Skinner? Is there an underlying feud there?

Catholics and Mormons never get on.

Quote: Tom G @ February 14 2012, 3:52 PM GMT

Jamelia was the most persuasive "guests" more like!

She has her knockers.

Well she is a bit of a handful, to be fair.

Has the budget run out on this? Only the panel this week is a guy who used to be on the telly doing impressions, a geeky American exchange student and a singularly unconvincing drag queen.

He happens to be very famous in America!

Not here though...

Only other thing I've seen him on over here is Buzzcocks, he's a good singer though.

Alistair McGowan never misses a chance to get an impression in.

I liked it this week, enjoyed Hustle a lot more though.

Who on earth was that odious creature on this week's episode? I found myself unable to contain expressions of disgust everytime she opened her collagen puffed lips... Ugh. And that bit where she started bragging about how many houses she owns. What a c... She wasn't even the entertaining kind of awful person. She was dull as a bag of dust. What possible reason could they have had for thinking she should appear on Room 101?

Terribly episode this week. This is probably one of the worst panel shows I've seen...The quality of the guests is just too poor. You can't do a panel show without at least one comedian as a guest, and you certainly can't do it with such sub par guests as tonight's episode.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ February 20 2012, 10:33 AM GMT

Who on earth was that odious creature on this week's episode? I found myself unable to contain expressions of disgust everytime she opened her collagen puffed lips... Ugh. And that bit where she started bragging about how many houses she owns. What a c... She wasn't even the entertaining kind of awful person. She was dull as a bag of dust. What possible reason could they have had for thinking she should appear on Room 101?

She was Hilary Devey from Dragons Den.

I have to say I wasn't keen on last week's episode, and I didn't like the extended repeat which featured an "Audience Choice" round. It's not about the audience, it's about the guests.

I'm just not sure that I understand the logic behind getting 3 mid-level guests over 1 potentially great one.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ February 20 2012, 10:33 AM GMT

You can't do at panel show without a least one comedian as a guest

You might not think much of him, or the show, but let's at least be factually accurate. Alistair McGowan is a comedian.

Have to say that after a promising start, this is just another copy and paste panel show. It's watchable but not memorable, but then again, the same could be said for most panel shows.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 20 2012, 9:43 PM GMT

Have to say that after a promising start, this is just another copy and paste panel show. It's watchable but not memorable, but then again, the same could be said for most panel shows.

It really is a bit of a tragedy that some episodes are failing (out of 3) to have a single memorable guest.