Room 101 - Series 1 Page 9

Chris Packham was quite memorable.
And chilling.

They even managed to make Alice Cooper seem tedious...

I've already forgotten tonight's episode. I remember the end though.

I just watched this for the first time in the new format. Much better I thought.

However whilst agreeing that 'Stenders is too influential and probably is the reason there is so much violence these days, I don't think it would look good for the BBC for it to have been consigned there.

Has there been any word on another series? It's done OK in a very difficult timeslot (and that's before you factor in the extended repeat and iPlayer, so it must have a reach of at least 5m) and given they went to all the trouble to bring it back, I'd be very surprised if they didn't give it another shot.

Christ, next week's panel looks grim.

One of them does.

Micky Flanagan is no oil painting either. Or comedian.

And it remains a mystery why la Front is continues to be invited on panel shows.

Bit o' posh?

I like Flanagan. And Front, actually. Not so sure about the third wheel, but who knows.

Larry Lamb didn't look very amused at Lauren Laverne railing against fake tans.

:D

Am I the only one who feels like Lauren Laverne is always trying too hard to be funny?

Quote: Jamey @ March 6 2012, 9:27 PM GMT

Am I the only one who feels like Lauren Laverne is always trying too hard to be funny?

Definitely not. She really walked herself into a dead-end at one point and you could see the panic on her face when she had no quip lined up. She's a TV presenter who keeps playing at being a comedian and I wish she'd stop. She's probably a great laugh down the pub, but she just isn't witty enough to hold her own around comedians.

Quote: Harridan @ March 6 2012, 9:51 PM GMT

Definitely not. She really walked herself into a dead-end at one point and you could see the panic on her face when she had no quip lined up. She's a TV presenter who keeps playing at being a comedian and I wish she'd stop. She's probably a great laugh down the pub, but she just isn't witty enough to hold her own around comedians.

I agree, and I wish they would stop trying to shoehorn her into panel shows, or anything other than when she has to read verbatim from a script. She doesn't have a single funny bone in her body.

I liked her old band Kenickie