Room 101 - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: ScotiaNova @ February 6 2012, 1:54 AM GMT

When I say it seems like every other day, in reality it's every day . . .

Not every day. They usually have the weekend off.

Was mostly distracted by Jamelia's cleavege this week.

Was a bit annoyed at the heckler to be honest. Jamelia got on my nerves a bit, Greer was boring and the bloke (name's gone) was ok-ish.

Quote: David Carmon @ February 11 2012, 3:57 AM GMT

Was a bit annoyed at the heckler to be honest. Jamelia got on my nerves a bit, Greer was boring and the bloke (name's gone) was ok-ish.

You mean Ross Noble.

Quote: David Carmon @ February 11 2012, 3:57 AM GMT

Jamelia was squirm inducing, and Greer is congenitally insufferable, but yes Noble was ok-ish.

Last time Jamelia was on a panel show she was home schooling her kids, now she's talking about them being at school.

Wise move I think. ;)

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2012, 11:36 AM GMT

Last time Jamelia was on a panel show she was home schooling her kids, now she's talking about them being at school.

Wise move I think. ;)

:D

Yes, Jamelia's chest should have had a room of its own to go in, but she choose mornings which I applaud her for.

Quote: Lee @ February 11 2012, 3:38 AM GMT

Was mostly distracted by Jamelia's cleavage this week.

Definitely. At least when she wittered on I could just stare at her chest and not take in what she was saying.

Quote: Lee @ February 11 2012, 3:38 AM GMT

Was mostly distracted by Jamelia's cleavage this week.

Yes, it was rather! My TV is positioned directly above my main monitor, and it seemed that every time I glanced up I was staring directly at boobies.

Anyway, mornings. Totally agree. They can f**k RIGHT off.

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2012, 11:36 AM GMT

Wise move I think. ;)

Ha! She did also talk about teaching silent letters though. Maybe one's now at school and one's still at home?

Was a fan of the old show, but it was right to take a long break. It should have come back as it was, with a new round of guests who haven't been on before. Now they're recycling them, racing through items and I'm sick of Frank Skinner tbh, I wish they'd have been far more inventive with the choice of host. Some have said it's lost its intimacy, it has, and some have said it's just yet another panel show now, it is. Angry And it's become an excuse for stand up twats like Noble to do more of their cringey crap. Don't like it.

Getting a bit fed up with text speak being treated as some kind of new fangled modern curse that is destroying language.
It has been around since telegraphy and shortahnd began in the 19th century.

But it used to be confined to the mediums and means it was invented for, not permeating wider language. It's treated almost as a distinct dialect by some, rather than a shorthand for use in time and/or space-limited situations.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 11 2012, 10:33 AM GMT

You mean Ross Noble.

Must be, I knew it was someone with a stupid forgettable name.

A good line up for me would be

Meera Syal
Lee Evans
Ann Widecombe

Random.