Room 101 - Series 1 Page 2

Well, I can't see them getting rid of them anyway.

I don't suppose it's possible to drop them if you raise them into position as they do. But, yes, it wasn't as satisfying.

I've no idea because I haven't watched it but surely it is as much "series 12" as a banana. It was a comedy chat show, now it's a comedy panel show. Nowt wrong with that but it bears no relation to earlier series. You might as well have put TV Heaven Telly Hell up as Room 101 series x y or z. In fact, you should have.

I thought this was on at 10:00, not 8:30, so I missed it.
I'm not too upset.

I missed it too, but having seen the preview clip on The Graham Norton Show just now (of which Frank Skinner was a guest on) I'll definitely be watching. Gabby Logan doesn't half scrub up well sometimes... my goodness! :O

Really enjoyed it. Liked the original too but Frank Skinner is always a superb host and I think it worked well.

I did also think about the levers not exactly working but I think that just adds to the 'tackyness'. Not that the show is tacky, but I like the fact that the things they use to represent the nomination is always quite tacky. The prawn 'cocktail' for Fern is a perfect example!

Looking forward to some good guests coming up in the next few weeks.

How many things are they allowed?

I can think of five offhand . . Cameron, Clegg, Osbourne, E.Milliband and Skinner (Tesco bag supporting unfunny git).

:)

You leave Ozzy alone! He'll get you.

It was okay, but would prefer to have just one guest at a time or even 2 and split it into 2 15 minute segments.

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 21 2012, 1:01 AM GMT

How many things are they allowed?

Well, they nominated three things each last night, the extended repeat on Sunday might feature another item each, and the one who gets the most items in gets to put an item in unchallenged. So, it's at least four items, possibly five but we'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

Hard to see why they changed the format of this unless they were struggling to get guests who were willing to talk for an hour (before the edit).

It certainly wasn't better than the original format.

On the other hand Frank Skinner has worked on his creepiness. I once wrote that he made Pinhead look like a children's presenter.

The BBC wanted something different, I gather.

No the BBC wanted more of the same - another bloody panel show.

It's not actually a panel show though, is it? What's the format more like, Have I Got News For You or Parkinson? I see it far more akin to the latter; a chat show with three guests. That there's a loose competitive element structures their chat rather than sets them against each other in the way one sees on Would I Lie To You? or 8 Out Of 10 Cats, for example.

Nevertheless, there's no disagreeing with the notion that it's a somewhat strange - and frankly unnecessary - change, that seems to pander to current TV notions of loading shows with celebrity guests. Whether it's a change for the better, worse, or indifferent, is down to personal opinion.

I can't see a problem with the change.

The old format, iirc, relied too much on clips to keep the laughs flowing. This way the focus is much more on the banter.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 21 2012, 9:43 AM GMT

On the other hand Frank Skinner has worked on his creepiness.

He was slightly creepy on Graham Norton last night. Yet another uncomfortable tale of his shagging about days.