The Sitcom Trials 2012 Page 35

Quote: spiggle @ December 11 2012, 4:06 PM GMT

Hey Saxby, you need to get a yahoo account and join the Sitcom Trials Yahoo Group. Once you've done that if you go to http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SitsVac/files/ you can view previous scripts from this year here.

And there should be a call for new scripts by now. In fact I believe Vince was gong to announce a show date for 2013. Vince?

Quote: Kev F @ December 12 2012, 10:20 AM GMT

And there should be a call for new scripts by now. In fact I believe Vince was gong to announce a show date for 2013. Vince?

Yes indeed, all will be revealed on Sunday, after I've decided which Christmas crackers I want at this year's table. M&S ones are excellent (terrific gifts) but the jokes are shit. Sainsbury's have better gags, but their hats tear easily.

Hello!

"Well," screams the loud one with the perm from slightly creepy 70s glam rockers Slade, "Here it is, merry Christmas." He goes on to stridently claim that "everybody's having fun," though I'm not quite sure on what evidence he's basing this. We'll run with it, though, because he'd almost certainly be correct in his supposition were he to come along to the Bristol Sitcom Trials Team Christmas Meet-at-a-Pub Thing, where fun, for everybody, is very much on the agenda. In fact it's the only thing on the agenda, principally because I've lost the agenda and this is the only thing I can remember being on it.

When?

Friday 14th December, 8pm. Ish.

Where?

The White Bear, St Michael's Hill, Bristol.

What?

Witty banter; "just nipping to the loo, hold this a sec"; music we all pretend to like but really don't, except that thing by Tom Jones and the Art of Noise; Kev F; gasping in disbelief at the prices on the menu and searching for a cash point; "Christ, is it that time already? Oh go on, then, one more". That sort of thing, probably. All very casual, and happy. Plus, taxis. "Taxi", was of course a great US sitcom, which launched the career of Danny DeVito. Say, whatever happened to Danny DeVito? There you go - someone Google him and use the resultant information to launch some witty banter.

Who?

Everybody! The more the merrier!

Why?

"Look to the future now," continues the hirsute heckler from the Midlands, "it's only just begun." Which is as good a reason as any.

Hope to see you on Friday!

--Vince

Merry Christmas from the Sitcom Trials - Christmas drinks & a review of the year

Merry Christmas from The Sitcom Trials. Last night the Bristol team got together for Christmas drinks (above). I had to leave early, they're probably still going. A fine celebration ending an excellent year for the Trials.

A year which, you could say, has been won by Bristol, who produced three shows to London & Manchester's two apiece, as well as holding more meetings than any group has held for years. They've been actively developing new material in-house, which was one of the original points of the Trials, and have ambitious plans for next year. They've also delivered the biggest audiences of the three teams, filling the Wardrobe Theatre (which is twice the size of London's Camden Head & Manchester's Lass O'Gowrie) every single time.

All three teams have put on their best shows yet in 2012, with Manchester continuing a revival which, we mustn't forget, they kick-started with their summer 2010 show. London staged their first show since 2009 with the Eurovision Sitcom Trials, and raised the quality bar with the Sci Fi Trials, breaking all previous records for use of sound effects.

As I may have hinted at occasionally, there are discussions going on that might see a very special project happening with The Sitcom Trials, about which we'll all find out soon. In the meantime all three teams are ready and raring for more, with the first show date being Feb 22nd in Bristol. Here are the links for a look back at the 2012 Sitcom Trials:

Nov 2012 - Sci-Fi Special, London
Oct 2012 - Halloween Special, Bristol
Oct 2012 - Halloween Special, Manchester
July 2012 - Sitcom Trials Manchester
June 2012 - Sitcom Trials Bristol
May 2012 - Eurovision Sitcom Contest, London
March 2012 - Sitcom Trials Bristol

Merry Christmas Kev, Vince and all the others involved in this years Trials!

Well done for organising all this year's shows and all the best for a bumper New Year.

Merry Christmas to all organisers and participants.
I first discovered this at the start of the year and have had something in everyone since. I've really enjoyed the process for all of them and am definitely a better writer for being involved.
Looking forward to 2013 competitions.
Ho Ho Ho
Neil

Merry Christmas and thankyou to everyone who's been involved with Sitcom Trials 2012. I really hoped to have big news to announce to you all about Sitcom Trials 2013, but even I'm still waiting on that. So, in the meantime, let's all look forward to the first Bristol show in February and get writing those scripts over the holidays when there's, er, nothing better to do.

And a Happy New Year when it comes.

Kev F

PS: Here's an interesting nostalgia trip, my Sitcom Trials Review of the Year 2002

Merry Christmas to everyone from Bob, God and Satan here. I've enjoyed the trials this year and has 2 scripts that I'm working on for next year. So all things going well, I'm hopeful to introduce everyone to Donnie next year.

Well done to all the winners from the past year and lets hope for another successful year.

Big shouts to Kev for running it all.

If Trinder's really had something in everyone then my opinion of those involved has changed, ye of slack morals.

Joke by the way.

Quote: Mr Ashdown @ December 13 2012, 2:18 PM GMT

Taxi", was of course a great US sitcom, which launched the career of Danny DeVito. Say, whatever happened to Danny DeVito?

He's now part of the best sitcom on TV right now, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. :D

Hi everyone,
This time last year I entered a few scripts from 'COOPER.' They all did pretty well, once coming joint second in the public vote. We've now recorded and released them as podcasts.

http://tinyurl.com/ahmxhhw

This will take you to the iTunes page. If you liked it, download it it. If you didn't like it...could you download it anyway please. It's free and it helps us with the New and Noteworthy bit.

Thanks. Good luck in the February Trials to everyone.
NEil

Good stuff, Mr Neil! Well done for seeing it through.

I shall download on the PC at home that has the 'might-as-well-be-a-virus-it's-so-slow' Apple <spits> software on it, unless there is a non-iTunes download available somewhere?

Dan

Yay! Thanks Dan, hope you like it.

I know Apple's not universally loved but their 'New and Noteworthy' bit doesn't half give a podcast a push, so it really would be splendid if you could use that to download it.

Thanks

Yeah, sure. No probs.

Dan

Quote: Trinder @ January 22 2013, 7:08 AM GMT

Hi everyone,
This time last year I entered a few scripts from 'COOPER.' They all did pretty well, once coming joint second in the public vote. We've now recorded and released them as podcasts.

http://tinyurl.com/ahmxhhw

This will take you to the iTunes page. If you liked it, download it it. If you didn't like it...could you download it anyway please. It's free and it helps us with the New and Noteworthy bit.

Thanks. Good luck in the February Trials to everyone.
NEil

I've downloaded it now I'll find out if I like it.