Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 12

That would be nice!
I almost caught an advert for Band on BBC one earlier, but I had the TV on mute as I was talking to my uncle, and looked at the screen just in time to see the end of the preview fade into the "Not Going Out, starts Friday at 9.30" image. Unfortunately we're on holiday so don't have Sky+ or any other sort of rewind-on-demand service. I've yet to see a preview of Band, aside from the one on the BBC website, so I was rather annoyed.

Quote: Bronwinning @ April 10 2012, 12:14 AM BST

That would be nice!
I almost caught an advert for Band on BBC one earlier, but I had the TV on mute as I was talking to my uncle, and looked at the screen just in time to see the end of the preview fade into the "Not Going Out, starts Friday at 9.30" image. Unfortunately we're on holiday so don't have Sky+ or any other sort of rewind-on-demand service. I've yet to see a preview of Band, aside from the one on the BBC website, so I was rather annoyed.

Ahh.. don't worry, you didn't miss much. I saw it and it was literally just the last few seconds of the whole clip, just the bit with them singing Motorhead.

Quote: bubbles1505 @ April 10 2012, 12:37 AM BST

Ahh.. don't worry, you didn't miss much. I saw it and it was literally just the last few seconds of the whole clip, just the bit with them singing Motorhead.

Oooh okay, that's a bit of a relief then, thanks!

Well, the online clip seems to be much better quality now. :)

Quote: Bronwinning @ April 6 2012, 12:44 PM BST

There's quite a nice interview with all 4 of the main cast in TV and Satellite Week this week. It's the first time I've ever seen an interview with Sally Bretton on the show, although she does say less than the others.

Here's something a little bit more detailed from Sally for you then :)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/interview/sally_bretton/

Quote: Mark @ April 11 2012, 8:43 PM BST

Here's something a little bit more detailed from Sally for you then :)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/interview/sally_bretton/

Awesome, thanks :) Did this get put up today or have I been really blind in the past?

No, it's just been published this evening.

The publicity machine is well and truly rolling now. I've read that both Tim & Lee are due on 'This Morning' & Steve Wright's Radio 2 show on Fri 13th. :D

And, as has been mentioned on the Would I Lie To You? thread, Lee is on The One Show this evening :D

Quote: Bronwinning @ April 12 2012, 3:39 PM BST

And, as has been mentioned on the Would I Lie To You? thread, Lee is on The One Show this evening :D

Yep, looking forward to watching that too, even though we might have to wade through Phil Tuffnell etc. talking about giant cabbages or something first :) (Actually, I usually quite enjoy the One Show whenever I watch it, but that's a different topic!)

I am watching this for first time tonight.

Hope you enjoy it as much as us!

Lee will be on The Graham Norton Show on the 27th, too.

That was great. Loads of laughs and something else I don't get from any other sitcom; a real sense of fun. I love The Thick of It and Peep Show, but they're hilarious in a bitter, brutally despondent way. This show is proper feel good I tell 'ee.

Lee and Tim's duet is probably my favourite bit. The drummer's ba-dum-tish(!) interjections were inspired. Daisy's "you don't deserve to live" was brilliant. Not every gag worked for me, but that's the great thing about this show - you know there's another gag seconds away.

On the whole I'd say this was an average episode by the show's very high standards.

Superb opener. So sharp, so so good. Quick change to Ace of Spades was hilarious.