Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 13

Brilliant. So funny - so well written. Love to know the formula!

The first episode won't challenge for a place in my top 3... but what a great start to the series though, and really looking forward to next week. There's a preview on the BBC website already! :)

Lee Mack is officially more popular than Piers Morgan!

Anybody could've guessed that, but still...

I'm glad I watched it, some very funny well written bits but in my opinion (!!!!!) some parts were a bit cheap and lazy and throw away all the really clever jokes and gags. My sister who loves all that stuff like Miranda and My Family agreed with me.

Average episode of NGO- brilliant by any other standards. I liked Lee's song for Lucy. Also fun to hear the rock version of the theme tune at the end. So glad it's back.

Quote: Lindyloop @ April 14 2012, 10:13 PM BST

Average episode of NGO- brilliant by any other standards. I liked Lee's song for Lucy.

Oh yes. Kris Akabusi was a highlight.

:D

I like the reveal of Daisy being the one who threw the bottle at Tim. Very funny start to the series.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!" Brilliant! Plenty of laugh-out-loud moments for me.

I really laughed, this week and I don't normally watch it. Will be sitting with the big fella, to Google at it from now on.

That will be nice! Shall I put the kettle on?

I thought that the first episode was brilliant. I especially loved the rendition of the theme played by the cast at the end. Loved it. I give it a 8/10.

Quote: Lindyloop @ April 14 2012, 10:13 PM BST

Average episode of NGO- brilliant by any other standards.

Pretty much how I felt. I didn't like the first episode last time either, it always feels to me like they are struggling with the characters for the first 10 minutes, struggling to get back into the routine. As a result, the first couple of scenes with Lee & Lucy in the flat and then backstage at the gig felt really disjointed and very poorly acted. It seemed to flow much better after that and the scene with Tim & Lee singing Elaine Paige was glorious.

As LindyLoop says, it beats the pants off anything else on TV but wasn't a vintage NGO episode.

A little bit of me wishes the BBC had never brought it back. When it ended, they'd had 3 really high quality series. Compared favourably with any sitcom IMO. The last series, while enjoyable TV, was nowhere near those standards and this episode wasn't either.

Don't want it to seem like I'm slating it, I do genuinely love it.

Quote: tiger_rick @ April 18 2012, 11:20 AM BST

Pretty much how I felt. I didn't like the first episode last time either, it always feels to me like they are struggling with the characters for the first 10 minutes, struggling to get back into the routine. As a result, the first couple of scenes with Lee & Lucy in the flat and then backstage at the gig felt really disjointed and very poorly acted. It seemed to flow much better after that and the scene with Tim & Lee singing Elaine Paige was glorious.

As LindyLoop says, it beats the pants off anything else on TV but wasn't a vintage NGO episode.

A little bit of me wishes the BBC had never brought it back. When it ended, they'd had 3 really high quality series. Compared favourably with any sitcom IMO. The last series, while enjoyable TV, was nowhere near those standards and this episode wasn't either.

Don't want it to seem like I'm slating it, I do genuinely love it.

Really? because I've thought each series has been better than the previous one, and for me, series 4 didn't have a single weak episode.

Guitarist - "See you later, alligator".
Lee - "In a while, dickhead".

Proper laugh out loud moment for me.

I seem to recall that they recorded a rather stronger variant of Lee's reply too!