8 Out of 10 Cats Page 8

Gotta love Sean Lock, always excellent.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 29 2010, 9:52 PM GMT

Gotta love Sean Lock, always excellent.

I agree, Nil.

Whats with the break between the first round of this weeks edition?

Quote: jim howells @ February 6 2010, 1:12 AM GMT

Whats with the break between the first round of this weeks edition?

Now Big Brother has finished, the episodes are longer (50 minutes with ad breaks, instead of 30 minutes).

Quite happy with the longer length - Sean Lock is a genius.

This is definitely Sean's series.

Crazy John Frizbee guy was great.

But why did Jimmy Carr do a monologue full of old jokes?
There wasn't one that I hadn't heard before in a similar form.

I was suspicious that he may have had a bet with someone or something.

Quote: Mark @ February 6 2010, 7:06 PM GMT

Quite happy with the longer length - Sean Lock is a genius.

Vouch! Love that guy. XoD

I've got the feeling that this week's episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats is going to be really, really good. I'm hoping it is going to be like HIGNFY after Angus Deayton's week in the tabloids. If either Sean or Jon come on wearing a shirt with a picture of the front page of The Times on it, I'll be a happy man.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 20 2012, 5:43 PM BST

I've got the feeling that this week's episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats is going to be really, really good. I'm hoping it is going to be like HIGNFY after Angus Deayton's week in the tabloids. If either Sean or Jon come on wearing a shirt with a picture of the front page of The Times on it, I'll be a happy man.

I've got the feeling it may be pulled this week.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ June 20 2012, 5:46 PM BST

I've got the feeling it may be pulled this week.

They wouldn't dare. Imagine the outrage Channel 4 would cause if they did, because we all know what the reason would be. If they did pull the episode they would probably have to get a new host or axe the series.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 20 2012, 5:43 PM BST

If either Sean or Jon come on wearing a shirt with a picture of the front page of The Times on it, I'll be a happy man.

My suspicion is that if that happened, Carr would still somehow manage the situation and come out of it well.

I don't think they'll pull the episode but he is likely to get a hard time - 8 Out Of 10 Cats is based around "statistics" so he may get away with it to an extent. I wonder if this is going to unfold in a similar way to Deayton-gate?

Then again, comedy has moved on since 2002 - if Jack Whitehall's career can survive him taking a class A drug, who's to say Jimmy Carr can't survive a legal-if-morally-dubious tax avoidance scheme?

Quote: Nogget @ June 20 2012, 7:49 PM BST

My suspicion is that if that happened, Carr would still somehow manage the situation and come out of it well.

Agreed!
It's not even as if they're not all mates backstage though, it's hardly going to get to uncomfortable levels of mockery. Many of the other comics I've seen mention it on Twitter have been on his side. I think he's pretty well liked in the industry, it might have been a different reaction if he wasn't.
And now that Cameron's given them some extra material, most of it might even be targeting him.

Or they may just not mention it at all. Who knows.

I don't know if this is a commonly held experience, but much as I like this programme, I feel like it's always on and so not essential viewing and haven't actually had time/massive inclination to catch any of this series, even though I do enjoy it when I see it.

So basically, if catskills doesn't post a link about how it's all a massive publicity stunt soon, I'll be very disappointed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9344956/David-Cameron-tax-arrangement-of-comedian-Jimmy-Carr-morally-wrong.html

Speaking at the G20 summit the Prime Minister told ITV News: "I think some of these schemes - and I think particularly of the Jimmy Carr scheme - I have had time to read about and I just think this is completely wrong. People work hard, they pay their taxes, they save up to go to one of his shows. They buy the tickets. He is taking the money from those tickets and he, as far as I can see, is putting all of that into some very dodgy tax avoiding schemes.

"That is wrong. There is nothing wrong with people planning their tax affairs to invest in their pension and plan for their retirement - that sort of tax management is fine. "