8 Out of 10 Cats Page 11

Quote: Agnostik @ 31st March 2014, 1:58 AM BST

Sean was on fire last time around. On fire and on mead.

TO KING HENRY THE FOURTH!

Yes, it was a great episode last week. The whole series has been rather good, to be honest.

Watching the one tonight where Jimmy had just caught for tax evasion.

There were lots of references to Take That. Was it known then (June 2012) or were they just being prophetic?

I'm pretty sure the whole Take That tax thing was in the news aaaages ago. I don't know why everyone's acting like it's new news now.

Maybe because they tried to pretend nothing had happened.

I understand they're talking about having to do another tour to pay for it. If we all pay them about £50 each we could stop this horror.

Think of poor Howard and Jason. :( How will they make any money.

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2014, 10:25 PM BST

Think of poor Howard and Jason. :( How will they make any money.

Who?

Exactly.

It's probably the episode I re-watch the most. In addition to all the awkwardness and everyone having a go at Carr, it also features Georgie Thompson and her ridiculously sexy voice.

So the Countdown mash up is back...I feel like it's getting really tired and stale. I really don't enjoy watching them that much, regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats is much better. Sean Lock doesn't have much opportunity to riff on Countdown and that's the best part of 8 Out Of 10 Cats. Also, Joe Wilkinson is terribly unfunny and his "I'm so wacky and offbeat" shtick feels really forced. He takes up so much of the show too.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ 14th June 2014, 7:09 AM BST

So the Countdown mash up is back...I feel like it's getting really tired and stale. I really don't enjoy watching them that much, regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats is much better. Sean Lock doesn't have much opportunity to riff on Countdown and that's the best part of 8 Out Of 10 Cats. Also, Joe Wilkinson is terribly unfunny and his "I'm so wacky and offbeat" shtick feels really forced. He takes up so much of the show too.

I personally love the Countdown version of 8 Out of 10 Cats. I think it works well on many levels. Long may it continue!

I agree that Sean is at his brilliant best on the regular Cats, but Does Countdown is still relatively fresh in my opinion. I didn't think much of the first episode of the series... is it just me or does everyone on the panel gets awkward and less funny whenever Jonathan Ross is there?..., but the second one was good.

There's a brand new best bits episode scheduled for Wednesday 13th.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/8_out_of_10_cats/episodes/17/10/

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd August 2014, 3:22 PM BST

There's a brand new best bits episode scheduled for Wednesday 13th.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/8_out_of_10_cats/episodes/17/10/

Yipee! Wondered when those would be getting aired.

Hello all,

I'm a 8 Of 10 Cats fan and was hoping someone can help me out.

Does anyone happen to recall which episode Jimmy does the joke "What do nine out of 10 people enjoy? Gang rape."

Reason I ask is that I'm writing an academic paper on dark humour and wanted to reference it. If anyone can help me out with what series/episode it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi Cafferine, welcome!

I'm not sure about 8 Out Of 10 Cats, but I'm pretty sure he's told that in his live stand-up. If you're writing such a paper, you should probably make sure to watch all of his DVDs through anyway!