8 Out of 10 Cats

The new series has started and the new team captain Jason Manford was actually quite good for his debut. Is it just me or are there other people who get annoyed when they get a really crap guest on the show (Usually Big Brother contestants) who does absolutly nothing and just sits there laughing. They are not comics, it is not there job to make us laugh. These people are nobodies becoming somebodies by going on reality TV. At least TV presenters and actors make a contribution. When I watch this I want to be entertained and this is not happening with Big Brother contestants and people from The Apprentice. Were Patrick McGuinness and Rob Rouse busy?

I'd rather see Vic Reeves version of the show 'Eat out of tin cans.'

That I would watch.

Seeing as the show is mainly about pop culture, I'm not surprised to see someone from BB or TA on there. But I'll agree, I'd rather see another comedian take that place.

I agree Jason Manford is pretty good, a decent stand up act as well.

? Hes a poor man's Peter Kay who's a poor man's comedian. Bloody Northeners they are simple folk. How is tinternet funny? How is Manford funny he just says stuff in a Northern accent and people laugh. I don't want to appear Northenerist but I hope when Scotland concedes they take the North with them. By heck thats let the cat amongst the pigeons petal. Grrrrr

Lol, this coming from the guy who likes Sarah Silverman Sick

"My grandmother was a prostitute and we raped her dead body during the wake." - Sarah Silverman, comedy genius that, saying something "risky".

Jason Manford was funny. It makes me cringe when some guest who are not comedians make really awful jokes (usually politicians). But the Apprentice woman didn't do too bad I thought, Danny Dyer was pretty funny. When they book someone new I guess they never know what they're going to be like.

Quote: Leevil @ June 17, 2007, 12:23 PM

Lol, this coming from the guy who likes Sarah Silverman Sick

"My grandmother was a prostitute and we raped her dead body during the wake." - Sarah Silverman, comedy genius that, saying something "risky".

Sexist! Anti-semite! er Retard! Laughing out loud Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And in the words of the comic genius Sarah Silverman 'you're probably right.'

Quote: ShoePie @ June 17, 2007, 12:29 PM

When they book someone new I guess they never know what they're going to be like.

Well they should do, after all they tell them what to say coz its all scripted.

Lol.

To answer your question, why do they put people who aren't comediens on there: To make fun of them. 8OO10C would be pretty boring if they didn't have someone like that on there, it'd just be a rip of of HIGNFY otherwise. It'd be like taking actual musicians away from Buzzcocks.

Jason i have liked for a while. He has made me laugh several times on the show before when he was on and is definately the right man for the job. Whoever said he is a poor man's Petey Kay, Petey Kay is a poor man. Jason has not once said "tinternet", nor has other northern comedians like Lee Mack. The only "notherners" who like Peter Kay are twits who don't know anything about comedy (that goes for the south where he is just as popular amungst low lives). I doubt anyone here likes Petey Kay, so what's your point? Typical arrogant southerner, no offence nice people of the south.

I suppose you've got a point. It's just that they don't make any contribution to the show, as with HIGNIFY everyone tries to give a joke. I've also heard that ITV are doing there own version of HIGNIFY called Quiz Knight hosted by Trevor McDonald. Can't they think of their own shows.

Yes they can. Benidorm was original. They just can't make any of it anything more than shyte.

Again, another good point.

Quote: Sean Prower @ June 17, 2007, 4:59 PM

I suppose you've got a point. It's just that they don't make any contribution to the show, as with HIGNIFY everyone tries to give a joke. I've also heard that ITV are doing there own version of HIGNIFY called Quiz Knight hosted by Trevor McDonald. Can't they think of their own shows.

In a word, no. But then HIGNFY was basically The News Quiz from radio 4.

I think the word 'creative' and 'television executive' are as commonly found together as Salman Rushdie and a Muslim Cleric.

What happened to Dave Spikey? Did he jump, or was he pushed?