Lead Balloon - Series 4 Page 7

Didn't laugh once. I remember when this was quite good.

Really enjoyed this tonight, though Marty needs something awful to happen to him at soom point!

Not keen on tonight's at all. I don't like the attempt at a series story arc.

That's a long time to go without laughing.
Not sure about this at all.

I snorted/chuckled a few times. Don't usually do that with this show. Usually just smile.

This is looking like a lack-lustre end to an enjoyable sitcom. The situations used to bring the characters together are too contrived to be remotely plausible as well as strain to make full use of the great cast. It would be a shame if this series doesn't improve as the Christmas special at the end of the last series was terrific and would have made a great finale.

Personally, I enjoyed Episode 3 the most in this current series!!!

Loved the obvious clips, including the church scene .. Rick blasting in on his moped, the antics in the church, on air as Rick lashes out at Marty .. and of course, smashing the windmill and giving the annoying neighbour his cash back!!! lololol

All the best,
Cal :)

Very much enjoyed, as usual.

The business @ the funeral was worthy of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the highest praise possible for me.

I agree in some regards with criticism that the series hasn't moved on much over the 4 series, but it's still a programme I love.

Surprised people liked the church scene, I thought it was a completely wasted opportunity.

This is becoming so mechanically formulaic that the script might as well have been churned out by a computer. There's no suprise or subversion of expectations, just the same old same old. A shame.

Quote: chipolata @ June 16 2011, 6:35 PM BST

This is becoming so mechanically formulaic that the script might as well have been churned out by a computer. There's no suprise or subversion of expectations, just the same old same old. A shame.

Agreed.

I thought this week's was brilliant.

It's become something where I don't care about the characters. At all, any more. I doubt I'll watch again, but I used to like it lots.

How did this win an award? Anyone know? Not only is it so difficult to watch for its flatness but both the content and style are so blaringly unoriginal and derivative, it's embarrassing. And the narrative nods and winks to Dee's own life just seem to make it worse, for me at least.

I couldn't even manage to get through ten minutes of the last one. Someone has to tell Dee, that whatever he is, he is NOT a sitcom comedian or actor, he should stick to all his other stuff (there's a lot of it). He is sullying the sitcom genre with his dire attempts to be some sort of modern day Hancock. Hancock he is most definitely not! He just doesn't have the expressive range to be an interesting character and when he does try and animate himself he just looks like another blatant Ricky Gervais copy.

I just can't see how this show could win an award, it is beyond me. I can only think it probably has something to do with the fact it's copying the award givers' favourite shows.

I still think it's funny - the stories make me laugh and I think he acts well.

Whether it's derivative or not at least it's an improvement. I can't watch that American thing.