Lead Balloon - Series 4

Back on Tuesday 31st May. This has become a real favourite of mine over the years, let's hope this series keeps up the high standards.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/lead_balloon/episodes/4/1/

Excellent, can't wait!
And Robbie Coltrane in the trailer - intriguing.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ May 25 2011, 3:15 PM BST

Back on Tuesday 31st May. This has become a real favourite of mine over the years, let's hope this series keeps up the high standards.

I think it does. I'm really worried to hear Jack Dee talking about this being the last series though (so he can return to stand-up touring)... I don't want it to end :(

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2011, 8:30 PM BST

Excellent, can't wait! And Robbie Coltrane in the trailer - intriguing.

As I understand it, Coltrane and Dee are the only two characters that appear in that episode Coltrane is in... so sort of a specially written, one-room acting showcase thing (should have confirmation on that soon).

Quote: Mark @ May 26 2011, 12:48 PM BST

As I understand it, Coltrane and Dee are the only two characters that appear in that episode Coltrane is in... so sort of a specially written, one-room acting showcase thing (should have confirmation on that soon).

Ooooooh! Even better.
It'll be like a Cracker episode.

It had really started to take shape as an ensemble piece in the last series with even Ben and Sam getting some good lines instead of borrowing money.

Even if Jack Dee didn't want to do anymore, Marty (is his name Sean Powers?) is funny enough to carry a spin-off series.

Can't wait, loved what I saw of the previous three series. Michael the cafe owner... genius! Laughing out loud

Yes, he's my favourite character.

Discovered this with the recent re-runs. Fantastic show! Don't see it working without Dee though.

The support cast are top, the cleaner, Martin, but my favouriates are the two kids.

Well, it won't go on without Dee, it's his show. He's the lead and he co-writes it; there won't be any show if he does decide to end it after this series.

Oh yes, I love Sam too. And the cleaner! Not many shows have so many characters I could easily refer to as my favourite.

Also don't think it could/would carry on if Dee ever left.

I liked what I saw of this whenever I've came across it, but I've never given it my full attention.

I think now is a good time to start as I've exhausted Curb.

I've come to enjoy it more than Curb.
Curb has only one likeable/sympathetic character (and even then only occasionally). Lead Balloon is full of them.

Quote: zooo @ May 27 2011, 9:06 PM BST

I've come to enjoy it more than Curb.
Curb has only one likeable/sympathetic character (and even then only occasionally). Lead Balloon is full of them.

Um, I can't really comment at the moment but I can't imagine enjoying it more than Curb.

Yes, it has some hateful characters, but it's a powerhouse of comedy.

Curb is great. I used to love it. But I've gone off it lately. Despite how clever it is (and often very funny) I get sick of knowing that EVERY character will be an unreasonable arsehole.

Quote: zooo @ May 27 2011, 9:46 PM BST

I get sick of knowing that EVERY character will be an unreasonable arsehole.

I feel the same way about BCG.

BAM!