Lead Balloon - Series 4 Page 12

Anyway... this last episode was the best of series four so far, though still not as good as the last three series.

Can't see why his wife is even in it anymore -- Rick has more of an on-screen relationship with Magda this series.

Marty and Michael have indeed become massively prickish unfortunately. Marty used to be ace and Michael, admittedly a bit of a twat, was at least used sparingly. Now, both seem to take more centre-stage but pointlessly.

Totally agree with the daughter and whatsisface -- though this week's encounter with them was funny, they should have progressed in some way (either to prison, forced to work or something). Seems a waste of two good actors.

It's a shame as, though watchable, the first three series were excellent.

Not sure why you blanked out my post on the previous page, it certainly wasn't off topic, as all the points referred back to Lead Balloon and I also made a couple of original points about the show.

If you're seen to be too keen to protect the feelings and interests of the programme makers or casual forum browsers I think you're likely to lose most of your regulars.

We don't come here to read the newsletter or get DVD links to Amazon, we want to discuss comedy robustly.

I think it's best to limit your scope on this site, I made the same mistake, so now I'm just keeping to the basics.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ June 26 2011, 7:39 AM BST

I think it's best to limit your scope on this site, I made the same mistake, so now I'm just keeping to the basics.

Just start a thread on the subject of whether today's sitcoms/writers represent Britain in General Comedy. It's an interesting area but trying to discuss it in a thread for another show is doomed. The posts in this thread aren't blanked out as part of a conspiracy, but rather because of overzealous adherence to board rules.

Couldn't stop watching the last episode. Think they should have left out the post title press conference scene and just left it open as to wether he got out without him waking up.