Seinfeld Page 12

Quote: Baumski @ December 9, 2007, 11:54 AM

I find Jonathan Ross very much hit and miss these days but this show was really very entertaining and enjoyable. Seinfeld didn't come over too up his own backside like he was on Larry King. Excellent value.

Did you think he came across smug on that? I thought he came across alright, it's very rare that Seinfeld is in a bad mood, he's usually such a pleasant fellow but he was rightfully ticked off with Larry King thinking the show got canceled, I would feel exactly the same you make one of the greatest shows of all time that you put you're life in to, it gets 76 million viewers on the finale and this guy thinks you got canceled. Plus I think the recent world tour promoting Bee Movie is catching him up, he hasn't done this promoting lark for a long while.

Thought he was great with Ross though, he seemed to genuinely enjoy the show although a little confused at times.

Although I do actually agree I still felt Seinfeld was very much "Don't you know who I am" in that interview which I thought was more George than Jerry, Bizaro World wise. It would have been a nice touch if he could have risen above it but like most of us when we are feeling slighted, pride comes over very badly and especially so on tv. Larry King ended up looking like Richard Madely but even so, compelling television.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ December 13, 2007, 11:18 AM

Plus, does anybody else find the slap base used in Seinfeld infuriating?

No. It's a tune about nothing.:D

It's a keyboard.

Yeah the music in Seinfeld can be grating at times, but when the actual comedy is of such a high level the music really doesn't spoil it too much.

I can't understand you Martin, take Jerry's dick out of your mouth.

:D

If that offends or/and annoys you, I apologise, it really is a joke.

Quote: Leevil @ December 13, 2007, 3:15 PM

I can't understand you Martin, take Jerry's dick out of your mouth.

:D

If that offends or/and annoys you, I apologise, it really is a joke.

Ha, I'm more offended by the "I can't understand you" actually. :D

What can't you understand? I think it's because of my profile pic which I look really moody in and because of that everybody reads my comments in a really serious manner, when in fact I'm writing them quite joyfully. I will change my pic.

Seinfeld is the best sitcom of all time though. :D

I'm glad you took that in good jest Martin. I'm an even bigger fan of yours now.

Yes, Seinfeld is great.

EDIT: LOL, just got your new pic. :P

I've just purchased his stand up DVD (cost like £4 so why not).

Is his stand up as good as the show? I've only seen clips and was very impressed.

Yeah his stand-up is pretty good. Although I'm not keen on the bits at the start and end of Seinfeld.

Which one is it? I have the one where... I can't remember which one, lol. But at the start there's a little film where's he's having a funeral for his material.

Quote: Leevil @ December 14, 2007, 4:07 PM

Yeah his stand-up is pretty good. Although I'm not keen on the bits at the start and end of Seinfeld.

Which one is it? I have the one where... I can't remember which one, lol. But at the start there's a little film where's he's having a funeral for his material.

Live at Broadway (New York)

£4 though!

The slap bass is brilliant. It's a fantastic theme tune, really original.

The pilot had a different theme tune of course, which was really 80s - but also ace.

Quote: paul watson @ December 14, 2007, 4:04 PM

I've just purchased his stand up DVD (cost like £4 so why not).

Is his stand up as good as the show? I've only seen clips and was very impressed.

That sounds like a bargain, I've never seen a full live show of his, only clips but what I've seen has always been very funny, he's a safe observational comedian but it just seems to work so well when he does it and puts his spin on it.

Took my nieces to see Bee Movie this week and have to say I enjoyed it more than they did Rolling eyes It's quite Seinfeld at times but it was certainly enjoyable.

Patrick Warburton stole it for me as Kenny. Very different to Puddy.

Totally disagree the character Jerry plays in Seinfeld is not himself. Jerry in real life to me comes across as a truly caring and considerate person, he never centered the show around himself, always put the focus on the other three characters, always played the straight man (most of the time) for the others to play off and I have huge respect for him doing that because he could've easily turned into an ego-maniac and made the entire show about him, but it never was. I also have huge respect for him turning down $5 Million an episode from NBC when they wanted him to do Season 10, he knew it was time to call it quits because as he and Jason Alexander have said it was never going to get better than it was, it could've remained good but they were never going to top themselves so it was the right time to stop. It takes a big person to turn down that amount of money.

The Jerry in the show is very smug but all of the main four characters are arseholes, that's the point of the show, they are smug, selfish, uncaring, lying, deceiving idiots who would turn their back on one another in an instant to get something they wanted...that's what makes the show so great because it was so different to every other mainstream US sitcom.

That's my opinion anyway. :)