Seinfeld Page 15

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ November 2 2009, 11:47 AM GMT

I'm bordering on an obsessive fan. (I even bough the gift set with the puffy shirt and the handwritten script.) Lovey

I got that as well. I kept the script but chucked the puffy shirt away.

I still haven't seen season eight and nine. :$ Or at least in my adult head, because I used to watch it at 12am on BBC2 when I was 10, but can't remember much, apart from Kramer sliding.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ November 2 2009, 11:47 AM GMT

I do have a soft spot for David Puddy though, he practically stole Series Nine.

Puddy is one of my favourite characters in the whole show!

Puddy was an ok character I auppose, think his best episodes are 'The Face Painter' and 'The Dealership. I personally rate Bania over Puddy

About halfway through series 9 and ready to start the cycle all over again!

Newman is my favourite character, but I also love Bania.

I killed, Jerry! Killed! I killed! Killed!

Quote: Jamie White @ November 4 2009, 11:06 AM GMT

About halfway through series 9 and ready to start the cycle all over again!

Newman is my favourite character, but I also love Bania.

I killed, Jerry! Killed! I killed! Killed!

ah so u like jerry's antagonists then, difference between newman and bania though is newman knows he is annoying jerry

I've only seen two whole episodes of it, (I've seen many bits) so maybe I haven't given it a chance, but I have to say I'm not a fan, and find it hard to watch. I feel it tries too hard to be different and clever with that plot weaving stuff and it seems a little in awe of itself, imo. It also looks exclusively American to me, I personally don't get half the jokes or references, and I feel even there's a touch of Jewish mafia about it, in the same way some have said about Woody Allen's films and other American-Jewish comedy. I feel it's a bit wrapped up in itself, somehow. Compare it to the open and inclusive Frasier, a show whose jokes I get, and don't feel I'm being excluded from anything, and I am amazed that many people are even suggesting Seinfield is the best US sitcom ever. But then I suppose I just don't find it as funny as many others seem to.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 13 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

I am amazed that many people are even suggesting Seinfield is the best US sitcom ever.

Not just the best U.S, sitcom, it's the best sitcom full stop. In my opinion. But then who the f**k am I??

You are a very wise man Matthew Stott.

Quote: Marc P @ November 13 2009, 2:25 PM GMT

You are a very wise man Matthew Stott.

I know, my Mummy wouldn't lie to me.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 13 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

I've only seen two whole episodes of it, (I've seen many bits) so maybe I haven't given it a chance, but I have to say I'm not a fan, and find it hard to watch.

Be interesting to know which the two whole episode were. If you've started right at the start then that's where your problem might be. The show really starts to get good in season 3/4, IMO.

I originally started with Seinfeld, understandably, at season 1 and couldn't get into it. I then started on season 4 (considered the 'breakthrough season') and really got into it.

I really enjoy all the seasons but 4 is generally regarded as when it took off. I love 'The Outing' in that season. Amazing ('Not that there's anything wrong with that').

I too think it's the best sitcom of 'em all. I keep going back and re-watching it.

Need to start watching this again!

Well sorry, but this is one of the things I find annoying about this and similar US sitcoms. You need three full seasons to get into it?? Most Britcoms are long over by then (in episode numbers). Sitcoms should be sprints, not marathons...it's SITCOM, you know - that unrealistic, simple half hour of fun you have on peaktime TV. Fawlty Towers, the REAL AND UNDISPUTED BEST SITCOM EVER knocked you over after four MINUTES - simple, recognisable top quality comedy fun. Seinfield?? Pah!! Sick

The first three seasons are still pretty much better than most other sitcoms. It's just that from Season 4 it hits it's stride and becomes the greatest sitcom ever made. Yes, even better than Fawlty Towers.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 13 2009, 10:19 PM GMT

Well sorry, but this is one of the things I find annoying about this and similar US sitcoms. You need three full seasons to get into it??

No.