Seinfeld Page 19

Quote: zooo @ August 4 2012, 4:35 PM BST

Except the very final episode. I remember not liking that.

Yeah, it wasn't so much an episode as a parade of past characters. It certainly wasn't their best work. they probably should have just ended on a normal episode rather than try and make some sort of event out of it, because all that did was make it seem un-Seinfeld like. Still, I quite like how they end up in prison for basically being their usual, selfish selves.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 4 2012, 4:31 PM BST

It certainly is, best sitcom ever. (people who don't agree don't need to tell me they don't agree, I know other opinions exist and are valid. It's just that you're wrong.) And it was strong right to the end.

Right, will do...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 4 2012, 4:38 PM BST

Yeah, it wasn't so much an episode as a parade of past characters. It certainly wasn't their best work. they probably should have just ended on a normal episode rather than try and make some sort of event out of it, because all that did was make it seem un-Seinfeld like. Still, I quite like how they end up in prison for basically being their usual, selfish selves.

Agreed!
I'm watching the repeats on Sky Atlantic (I think?). Some of them were so old that the audience hadn't yet started to cheer every time Kramer enters the room. (I wish they'd never started.)

I liked the last episodes... you get to revisit some stupidity and memorable lines like "He's a very bad man" and what not. Plus it set up the Saturday Night Live Seinfeld/Oz sketch which is brilliant (Oz being HBO's gritty prison drama).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18kvo_seinfeld-in-oz_people

I never had a problem with the last episode. And there must have been so much pressure on them at the time.

I really liked the last episode, although I know most critics and public are against it.

Watched this last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7CqN26K04

In six parts and pretty interesting. Certainly worth a gander if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/jason-alexander-howard-stern-explains-why-susan-seinfeld-killed-off/?fb=dd

Ha! I never actually heard that rumour. I thought it had been planned that way all along.

If you've never watched Seinfeld, but are interested in watching one of the most influential and greatest sitcoms of all time, it's now on Hulu.

"The Merv Griffin Show." is one of those repeated quite often here in Oz.I never get tired of that.

"Seinfeld" is to television comedy what The Beatles are to popular music.

Unparallelled and immortal.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th July 2015, 11:08 AM BST

Agreed, on both counts.

Quote: Lee @ 11th July 2007, 5:02 AM BST

I've been in a right bad mood tonight, just watching back2back Seinfeld, cheered me up no end!! :D

"My name rhymes with a female body part."

Brilliant.

Ah yes, I loved the guest appearance of James Blunt.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th July 2015, 11:08 AM BST

Unfortunately that would make Curb Your Enthusiasm the comedy alternative of Wings.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th July 2015, 11:57 AM BST

Ah yes, I loved the guest appearance of James Blunt.

What was her name in the end? I've forgotten.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 26th July 2015, 12:39 PM BST

What was her name in the end? I've forgotten.

Dolores.