Seinfeld Page 17

It's a matter of taste.
Are there no well-respected comedians whom you happen to dislike?

Quote: Nogget @ February 2 2010, 2:18 PM GMT

It's a matter of taste.

It is? I've learned something today.

Quote: Nogget @ February 2 2010, 2:18 PM GMT

Are there no well-respected comedians whom you happen to dislike?

No, none, I love them all. :)

Quote: Leevil @ February 2 2010, 2:17 PM GMT

George and Elaine were always my favourite and Kramer was my least.

Ditto. George is one of the best comic characters ever, I don't think Jason Alexander gets enough credit for his performance, it all seems to go to Larry David. I never got the fuss about Kramer, his adulation from the crowd when he entered the room always confuses me, by far the weakest character in my opinion.

Quote: Mickeza @ February 3 2010, 8:10 PM GMT

I never got the fuss about Kramer, his adulation from the crowd when he entered the room always confuses me, by far the weakest character in my opinion.

I love the physicallity he brings to the show, the physical clowning, brilliant.

The best television show ever. Ever.

I thought all the characters were great but have to agree that while Krammer is very good, he's my least fav.

Only by a smidge and only because I watch so many back to back.

So it's my fault really.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 4 2010, 6:12 PM BST

I love the physicallity he brings to the show, the physical clowning, brilliant.

Yes. And you don't get that level of physicality in many sitcoms, let alone American ones. A rare beast.

I see George Steinbrenner has died. The New York Yankees owner who appeared as a character in Seinfeld when George Costanza worked for them. We only ever saw him from the back and Larry David did his voice.

Apparently Steinbrenner was also unhappy with the plot in which Susan dies from licking toxic envelopes.

Quote: chipolata @ July 13 2010, 6:08 PM BST

I see George Steinbrenner has died. The New York Yankees owner who appeared as a character in Seinfeld when George Costanza worked for them. We only ever saw him from the back and Larry David did his voice.

Apparently Steinbrenner was also unhappy with the plot in which Susan dies from licking toxic envelopes.

RIP The Boss.

He was actually in the episode you are talking about, "The Invitation", but his scenes were cut out of the final broadcast. The deleted scenes are on the DVD and YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LD3udSurzw

George was clearly the greatest character, then Cosmo.

Fave minor character: The Library cop.

Just found a great website where you can stream any episode of Seinfeld.

http://www.watch-seinfeld-online.com/

Quote: Leevil @ February 2 2010, 7:17 PM GMT

George and Elaine were always my favourite and Kramer was my least.

Agreeeee.
Although I did like Jerry too.

Still never seen a whole episode of this, saw about 2/3 of one once, and I wasn't inspired as so many seem to be here. It seemed far too busy for me, and I didn't quite get what was funny about it. It was well orchestrated, what I saw, but for me had a real air of smugness about it. It is this smugness that puts me off so many US sitcoms, I'm afraid to say.

That and the jews.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 11 2011, 10:08 AM GMT

That and the jews.

Whistling nnocently