Seinfeld Page 18

Quote: Baumski @ March 11 2011, 10:48 AM GMT

Whistling nnocently

Maybe you misheard, I actually said "juice". As in the Snapple they're always whoring.

My season 5 arrived this morning. Am now 3 episodes in. I bought the first two seasons ages ago and didn't really like it. I think it's the shouting. They all seem to shout. I read a post on here a while back saying it was easier to appreciate it from reading the scripts rather than watching it. I read a few, went back to the DVD and am really enjoying it.

?
Can't say it stands out as being more 'shouty' than most sitcoms??

As withy many things, the hype surrounding this show doesn't do it any good. If you come to Seinfeld expecting The Greatest Sitcom Ever you're going to be disappointed. If you just come at as another sitcom you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

True, and then before you know it, it will be in your top five!

Comedy is very subjective, but If enough people call it the best sitcom doesn't that make the people who don't like it wrong, and therefore not to be trusted with opinions?
I think that's how it works anyway.

Has anyone else noticed that they're showing Seinfeld from the start on Sky Atlantic at the moment? I'm really enjoying it so far, despite the first series' rather abrupt and unsatisfying endings (that's what she said).

Ooh no, I didn't notice that. Thanks!
Was great when they used to show it on BBC2. Shall have to remember to watch.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 11 2011, 7:18 PM GMT

Comedy is very subjective, but If enough people call it the best sitcom doesn't that make the people who don't like it wrong, and therefore not to be trusted with opinions?
I think that's how it works anyway.

Yes.

By the way, it's two eps every Sunday night at 8.

Yeah I got into it through Curb and I ordered the first and second season, thought it was incredibly over rated at first and abit humdrum, but then as the seasons got on it gets better and better with these four extrodianary characters getting into such funny situations. In my top five (its also incredibly dark for a American laugh track)

Left it a good long while, and now I've started to work my way through every episode again. A total joy. You can really see them all, from the writers, to the actors, gradually finding their feet and developing what the show, and the characters, will become.

I used to love Seinfeld when BBC2 used to show it back-to-back with Larry Sanders in the late 90s. Then I felt it got a bit stale. Perhaps a reappraisal is in order.

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ August 4 2012, 4:30 PM BST

I used to love Seinfeld when BBC2 used to show it back-to-back with Larry Sanders in the late 90s. Then I felt it got a bit stale. Perhaps a reappraisal is in order.

It certainly is, best sitcom ever. (people who don't agree don't need to tell me they don't agree, I know other opinions exist and are valid. It's just that you're wrong.) And it was strong right to the end.

Except the very final episode. I remember not liking that.