Seinfeld Page 9

I absolutely love Seinfeld. The ony episode that is a little bit weak (although it is still great relative to most sitcoms) IMO is the original pilot. There was only really one plot line in this one unlike the others that as has been mentioned involved several plot lines that weave about, contain several twists and then resolve towards the end. I became a bit anal a few years ago and sat down with paper and pen and worked through several of the episodes, writing down the plot lines and what happens when. Absolutely magical it really is. I am always surprised when I hear some people say that this has dated because I don't think anything will ever match it. Certainly not sustain such quality over 9 episodes.

It is the ability to make such great comedy out of the simplest of things that made it so special, this is only possible if the characters are absolutely fantastic. As I said in a recent thread George Castanza is a legend.

Watch them from the start slagA, in order, and you'll soon get totally hooked I reckon. It is true to say there are threads that re-appear in much later episodes. Look out for the use of the name 'Art Vandalay' and the references to architects throughout the series!

Are Virgin 1 going to keep showing it then? It's not just a one off this week?

Looks like it, just looked on the Virgin 1 site and it says Sundays 9pm.

Woo!

So their comedy lineup so far consists of:

Seinfeld.
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
That 70s Show.
And something new called Help Me Help You.

When is that Dave channel starting?

UKTV G2 or Dave is great, you'll love it zooo.

Next Monday!

And Lee, the publicity blurb I've seen leads me to believe that they're going to be substantially changing their programming.

(Or are reserving the right to at very least.)

I'm not liking Virgin 1 showing Seinfeld, well I am I just wish they would do more than one a week. Also on Mad About you (on living) the main character paul i think chased Seinfeld down the road for an autograph with a stonker.

How many dates do you think Jerry, George and Elaine had per season? With all the little things they found wrong with them adding greatly to the series, I'm wondering how many they had.

Watched the final episode of Season 7 yesterday 'The Invitations' (Larry David's last so you've informed me) and what a scream! From the moment George enters the shop and flips to the back of the book it was terrific.

I think I'll miss Susan and George's visits to the coffee shop together talking about shoelaces Laughing out loud

Ah that's a great moment in the invitation shop, "The invitations are arranged in order of price, the most expensive are in the front" (paraphrased)...then George with no hesitation flips right to the last page. Brilliant. :D

Season 9 is out soon!

Season 9 is out now! Bought mine today. :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZfUgVSfKdQ

Larry King annoys Jerry a bit.

Lovely clip. Everyone thinks Seinfeld is really narked, but he's laughing by the end of it.

Actually, I thought I was watching a clip from Seinfeld itself because it's just that kind of show.

I love Seinfeld, it's a pity they don't repeat it more. I only just discovered it and I've caught episodes here and there but might just buy a box set.

LocateTV will always tell you if it's coming up on TV (or if not where you can get it on DVD or online). I biased as I write for their blog but I still think it's genuinely handy :)