Seinfeld Page 7

Now that sounds like a bloody good deal! I really must check out charity shops more often!

Quote: buzzy @ July 19, 2007, 8:20 PM

I have just purchased the complete dvd season 3 boxset from Age Concern for 4 pounds,I have not seen Seinfeld before so I am quite pleased with myself.

God, that's good.

On another note - was anyone else shocked when Wayne 'Newman' Knight turns up in the interview sections - he looks so much younger and thinner!

That is a brilliant bargain.

And yeah Wayne Knight has lost lots of weight, looks a lot more healthy.

Mind you, he wasn't looking too much like a chunky monkey in Third Rock.

They explain his weight loss in one of the extras on Seinfeld, there was an episode where he had some health problems, and the docs told him he had to lose the weight.

Nearly at the end of season 6, a few thoughts...

Cosmo Kramer Laughing out loud!

George has changed a lot since the early seasons, he's not the same :(. But he's still great.

Coming from Curb first, I can see a lot of Larry David in the script!

I still love Elaine.

Jerry is becoming better!

Seinfeld is great.

:D

I'm currently on the last disc of the Season 8 boxset, you definitely see the change after Larry leaving, but by god is it still hilarious. The episodes The English Patient and The Yada Yada are pure comedy brilliance.

I've seen the first six seasons and have got 7 & 8 to watch but have yet to make a start on them. In what sense do you see the change, Martin?

Series 7 is good - but not great. Perhaps the worst of the peak years.

The plots don't quite tie up as well. And Jerry is distinctly dislikeable in this season. He's never the nicest guy, but you always felt he was a nice guy when it came to his friends - but he seems to really hate George.

Obviously some great moments - but maybe Larry's departure was a good thing as the last two series, although far more left field than anything that went before, were superbly funny.

Quote: David H @ August 22, 2007, 10:42 PM

I've seen the first six seasons and have got 7 & 8 to watch but have yet to make a start on them. In what sense do you see the change, Martin?

It changes in the sense they are a bit more over-the-top, bit more slapstick in places and bigger stunts. There's no 'The Chinese Restaurant' if you get me. But it's still fantastic.

Just watched the last couple of season 6, still have 1 more to go.

Larry Miller's doorman character, in the episode 'The Doorman' was just like The Janitor in Scrubs, it was quite spooky.

I tell you, one character I do not like or think works, is the baseball manager (the one whose back of the head you see). I know it's a guy who Larry David does the voice for but really I could do without it. I'd say he's very similar to the character who helps Kramer out with his coffee problem. I liked him more.

You don't like Steinbrenner?! I'm genuinely shocked. I love that character and I think just seeing the back of his head and watching him move in coordination with Larry's words is brilliantly funny.

Martin is back!!!!!!

Yeah I was on holiday in Morocco last week. :)