Eurovision Song Contest Page 23

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th March 2015, 8:32 PM GMT

I once dreamt a single/video from Metallica. James Hatfield's body had some kind of warpaint on, very similar to Mel Gibson's in Braveheart, only green instead of blue. The song was extremely aggressive with unmelodic singing. It wasn't typical for Metallica's music around that time. One year later Metallica released the song Fuel, which was pretty similar in style to the track I've invented in my dream. Strange.

I find that very interesting. Genuinely. Maybe David Icke is right. Certainly you should write to them and ensure you get an appropriate amount of money. I don't generally dream in pictures which is disappointing. But when it's possible to dash off RVW's 10th and 11th Symphonies before the Weetabix, what the heck.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th March 2015, 8:40 PM GMT

I don't generally dream in pictures which is disappointing.

How do you dream then? Do you feel your dreams?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th March 2015, 8:45 PM GMT

How do you dream then? Do you feel your dreams?

Aw no. Not at all. Well maybe. Anxieties. Mainly it's sort of dialogue or like listening to the radio, if I have them at all. But not as obvious as either. More swirl although it is occasionally very clear as with what's mentioned above. It might be wrong to say there are no pictures but they are conceptual and not visual.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th March 2015, 8:49 PM GMT

Aw no. Not at all. Well maybe. Anxieties. Mainly it's sort of dialogue or like listening to the radio, if I have them at all. But not as obvious as either. More swirl although it is occasionally very clear as with what's mentioned above. It might be wrong to say there are no pictures but they are conceptual and not visual.

So, you don't know if Björn wears a beard or not while performing the ABBA comeback single? ;)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th March 2015, 8:55 PM GMT

So, you don't know if Björn wears a beard or not while performing the ABBA comeback single? ;)

No - I never saw them. I just got the concept of blonde. The whole sound was conceptually awash in Agnetha's hair. She is possibly now the only one of the four who still has a full head of it. Actually, I probably do see pictures in dreams sometimes. I did with that university one. And there was another recently when I was on the Circle line with two friends. The train was going ever deeper and I wanted to get off. So I did at Victoria, even if I left all my baggage on the train, and then I realised I didn't have money. I had no way of getting home. Some of it was picture-ish but mainly it was a b----y nightmare.

Anyhow, what is this a steal from? Is it from Kismet ("This Is My Beloved"), "Ave Maria" or what? It would still make my all time Top 20 from Eurovision if I had one. It's a strong song with a tender sophistication:

Frida Boccara - Un Jour Un Enfant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtdIV1qC-p8

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th March 2015, 9:01 PM GMT

Anyhow, what is this a steal from? Is it from Kismet ("This Is My Beloved"), "Ave Maria" or what? It would still make my all time Top 20 from Eurovision of I had one. It's a strong song with a tender sophistication:

Frida Boccara - Un Jour Un Enfant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtdIV1qC-p8

It has a bit of the Jackson's "I'll Be There" in it.

Ok, this is from 1969, the Jackson 5 song is from 1970...hmm...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th March 2015, 9:12 PM GMT

It has a bit of the Jackson's "I'll Be There" in it.

Ok, this is from 1969, the Jackson 5 song is from 1970...hmm...

Yes, I will buy that one - and a very interesting observation it is too. :)

(Obviously the Jackson 5 thing would follow on rather than vice versa but Wiki refers to an allusion in "I'll Be There" to a passage from Matthew 18:20 so that would tie in with whatever the classical/religious root of the French Eurovision song might have been. I do think it could be "Ave Maria". There is also in the Jackson 5 single a reference back to "Reach Out I'll Be There" by the Four Tops in 1966 but that is mainly a lyric.)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th March 2015, 9:19 PM GMT

Yes, I will buy that one - and a very interesting observation it is too. :)

(Obviously the J5 thing would follow on rather than vice versa but Wiki refers to an allusion in IBT to a passage from Matthew 18:20 so that would tie back to whatever classical/religious root of the French Eurovision song. I do think it could be "Ave Maria". There is also a reference back to "Reach Out I'll Be There" by the Four Tops in 1966)

It really does remind me of "Ave Maria".

And with glasses on she'd look like Nana Mouskouri. :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th March 2015, 9:29 PM GMT

It really does remind me of "Ave Maria".

And with glasses on she'd look like Nana Mouskouri. :D

It must be that then.

And, yes, but a lot of the women did look like Nana Mouskouri in that era.

While the men all looked like Denis Compton and he was over 50 then. :D

GREY GREY GREY!

I dunno. These loonies having conversations in my time and space.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th March 2015, 10:33 PM GMT

GREY GREY GREY!

I dunno. These loonies having conversations in my time and space.

Great lyrics for an album track. Not convinced they are right for a single. Cool

Our Eurovision entry . . .

I like it!

Tonight's the night!

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2015, 12:56 AM BST

Tonight's the night!

Can't wait.......... >_<

Quote: Oldrocker @ 11th March 2015, 12:46 AM GMT

Our Eurovision entry . . .

I like it!

It hasn't got a snowball's.
The rest of them take it too seriously for this sort of silliness to win.
It is very catchy though.
But I doubt it'll even make it to the left-hand side of the scoreboard.