Eurovision Song Contest Page 20

Quote: Marc P @ 12th May 2014, 10:56 PM BST

I don't wish to put anything in his mouth. Explain to the group the difference in meaning between 'I hate to see men in drag' and ..'Men in drag repulse me.' :)

Certainly, I don't like coffee, I hate to see people drinking coffee because it repulses me. Does that mean I hate coffee, not really I just don't like it, do I hate the people drinking coffee, obviously not, some of my best friends are 'coffee lovers' - the dirty bastards.

You can hate an action without hating those who carry it out.

I have no malice with the bearded one. I don't like drag acts they just look 'wrong' to me. A bloke in a dress with a beard banging out a half decent song and being voted for because it seems not to vote for her/him would look non PC is rather poor. But then so was half the voting on there so it was just one aspect. I wonder if the song would have done have done half as well if it hadn't had the drag act element. I doubt it.
As for my sexuality you doubters, I like to think of myself as a free radical :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th May 2014, 11:05 PM BST

I hate to see people drinking coffee because it repulses me.

Repulse.
Verb.
cause to feel intense distaste and aversion.

"audiences were repulsed by the film's brutality"

synonyms: revolt, disgust, repel, sicken, nauseate, make someone feel sick, turn someone's stomach, be repulsive to, be extremely distasteful to, make shudder, be repugnant to, make someone's flesh creep, make someone's skin crawl, make someone's gorge rise, offend, horrify;

informal turn off, give someone the creeps, make someone want to throw up;

informal gross out

"the concept of being with a man repulsed her"

You get all that from coffee? Starbucks must be a nightmare!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th May 2014, 11:05 PM BST

I hate to see people drinking coffee because it repulses me.

You do know if you lie a fairy dies?

:D

Quote: roscoff @ 12th May 2014, 11:06 PM BST

I wonder if the song would have done have done half as well if it hadn't had the drag act element. I doubt it.

Perhaps not, but the hot Polish butter churners topped the British and Irish vote. So it seems novelty is something of a winner.

Quote: Jennie @ 12th May 2014, 11:08 PM BST

You get all that from coffee? Starbucks must be a nightmare!

Coffee, in all it's forms is properly ick. It tastes bloody disgusting and unlike booze, there's no real pay off. I prefer to get my caffeine fix from more delicious tasting beverages.

Like cigarettes, it's an acquired taste and seen as a device to herald maturity. Unlike cigarettes, there are no restrictions on coffee and not only is it freely available to all ages, there's bloody adverts for it everywhere.

It's a dangerous substance linked to high blood pressure, heart attacks and obesity - the last bit because to enjoy coffee, idiots have to throw in half a pound of chocolate. Just eat chocolate you morons.

Quote: Marc P @ 12th May 2014, 11:10 PM BST

You do know if you lie a fairy dies?

:D

Are you suggesting the Eurovision winner is a fairy? ;)

I tried coffee without milk today. It was both delicious and made me feel sick.

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2014, 11:15 PM BST

Sick

The weirdest hate / repulse conundrum I've seen most frequently has to do with spiders. I know people who can't stand them, but they can't kill them either. You know, because they're pussys.

I can very f**king easily kill them. If they don't want to die they shouldn't come near me the sneaky little evil f**ks.

Arachnoids make me angry.

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2014, 11:15 PM BST

I've been doing that for six months as part of my mental diet. you get used to it, but I will always prefer milk.

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2014, 11:21 PM BST

I can very f**king easily kill them. If they don't want to die they shouldn't come near me the sneaky little evil f**ks.

I can't kill them, I feel sorry for them. I spend at least 10 minutes most mornings, stark naked, envelope in hand trying to transport a huge spider out of my bath and out the window. To a free life in the wilds of South East London. It has become something of a morning routine I share with my neighbour.

Quote: Jennie @ 12th May 2014, 11:28 PM BST

I can't kill them, I feel sorry for them. I spend at least 10 minutes most mornings, stark naked, envelope in hand trying to transport a huge spider out of my bath and out the window. To a free life in the wilds of South East London. It has become something of a morning routine I share with my neighbour.

Quite right. Spiders kill flies and they are worse. Are you and you're neighbour both naked or are you the exhibitionist we all secretly thought you were?

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2014, 11:21 PM BST

And there are literally billions of them. The eight legged scum. I live in a flat, so the ones I come across are pretty tiny, but when I was living at home and autumn came, really big ones used to come in from the garden.

Unfortunately, like sharks and wasps, we need them to sustain our ecosystem. Without spiders we'd be overrun with trillions of insects. Though why we can't come up with better bug spray is beyond me, then we could get rid of spiders...and sharks...and wasps.

I think I put too much sugar in it to compensate.

I wouldn't kill a money spider, they're too small to hate. But the bigger it is the more it's going to get crushed under the heaviest effing book I can find. It's a me or him situation.
I genuinely think I would feel less terror and adrenalin if faced with an armed burglar.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th May 2014, 11:32 PM BST

And there are literally billions of them. The eight legged scum. I live in a flat, so the ones I come across are pretty tiny, but when I was living at home and autumn came, really big ones used to come in from the garden.

Unfortunately, like sharks and wasps, we need them to sustain our ecosystem. Without spiders we'd be overrun with trillions of insects. Though why we can't come up with better bug spray is beyond me, then we could get rid of spiders...and sharks...and wasps.

I wish I was phobic of sharks instead. I could so easily avoid ever seeing or going near one. I spit on people who whinge about their stupid shark phobia. Oh boo hoo, you can't watch Jaws. I CAN'T RELAX EVER.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th May 2014, 11:32 PM BST

spiders...and sharks...

It lives!

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2014, 11:34 PM BST

I spit on people who whinge about their stupid shark phobia.

*reminds self never to introduce 'gobbing' zooo to a friend who is both shark and germ phobic*

Quote: roscoff @ 12th May 2014, 11:38 PM BST

It lives!

Jebus.