Eurovision Song Contest Page 22

Quote: sootyj @ 13th May 2014, 10:24 PM BST

Have you got a link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/10733446/Brilliant-Putin-is-the-leader-I-most-admire-says-Nigel-Farage.html

Mr Farage last week offered a sympathetic interpretation of Russia's invasion of Ukraine during his debate with Nick Clegg, saying the European Union had "blood on its hands" for supporting the EuroMaidan protests in Kiev which triggered the downfall of the Moscow-aligned president Viktor Yanukovych.

He added later: "If you poke a Russian bear with a stick he will respond."

The Liberal Democrats characterised that position as "I agree with Vlad" and accused Mr Farage of "taking his talking points straight from the Kremlin".

Interesting points, reasonable though Putin always struck me as a guy playing a few clever hands whilst running ahead of a failing economy.

Yanukovich is pretty much acknowledged to have one his second election fairly following the disasterous economic, democratic policies of his predecessor.

Quote: sootyj @ 13th May 2014, 11:56 PM BST

Yanukovich is pretty much acknowledged to have one his second election fairly following the disasterous economic, democratic policies of his predecessor.

As mentioned previously, this is what happens when you have mass immigration. Russians became a majority in Ukraine and now the country is Russian in all but name.

The Texans did it to Mexico, the ANC to South Africa and in a few years, the Muslims in London (allegedly).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 14th May 2014, 12:02 AM BST

As mentioned previously, this is what happens when you have mass immigration. Russians became a majority in Ukraine and now the country is Russian in all but name.

The Texans did it to Mexico, the ANC to South Africa and in a few years, the Muslims in London (allegedly).

I'll think you'll find that both Ukraine and Russin peoples were immigrants.

'Near the end of the War, the entire population of Crimean Tatars (numbering up to a quarter of a million) was expelled from their homeland in Crimea to Central Asia, under accusations of collaborations with Germans.[15][16] The Crimea was repopulated by the new wave of Russian and Ukrainian settlers and the Russian proportion of the population of Crimea went up significantly (from 47.7% in 1937 to 61.6% in 1993) and the Ukrainian proportion doubled (12.8% in 1937 and 23.6% in 1993).'

If they're tartars are they the ones settling on my teeth, if so I suggest bombing them with special tooth paste

as it is cultures change and so do societies. There's plenty of moderate Muslim democracies, but sadly more and more it looks like RCP you won't be smoking in a pub anytime soon.

From bearded trannies to the expulsion of the Tartars, move over Graham Norton, it's time to let the BCG do the commentary on Eurovision.

Well I've just heard this year's entry and I'm very impressed.

Caro Emerald meets Madison Avenue meets Kitty, Daisy and Lewis.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th March 2015, 10:41 PM GMT

Ooooo, we're in with a chance then. >_<

Just to correct my earlier post I mean it's impressive in the context of Eurovision.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th March 2015, 10:41 PM GMT

Lewis? Definitely some murder in there.

And here's the Australian entry:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/eurovision/11456699/Eurovision-2015-watch-Australias-entry-Guy-Sebastian-perform.html

Incidentally, if anyone is willing to overlook politics, this from Israel in 1974 was from a proper band dressed up as, erm, a boy band and their broad catalogue is definitely worthy exploring. I say that as C of E myself.

Poogy - Natati La Khayay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDWo504WnbM

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th March 2015, 7:23 PM GMT

Lewis? Definitely some murder in there.

A song murder, yes.

Interesting Facebook message from Sandie Shaw.

"Hi Guy's I have had a few messages asking why I am not doing the Eurovision 60 years celebration I can't answer the question so why not ask the man organising it here Guy.Freeman@bbc.co.uk."

Quote: Chappers @ 10th March 2015, 12:10 AM GMT

Interesting Facebook message from Sandie Shaw.

"Hi Guy's I have had a few messages asking why I am not doing the Eurovision 60 years celebration I can't answer the question so why not ask the man organising it here Guy.Freeman@bbc.co.uk."

She always had issues with Eurovision just as did Michael "I'd Rather Stick a Needle in My Eye" Ball. Perhaps that is the reason. It was probably the reason why Shaw joined The Smiths even if that was 18 years later.

I dreamt two nights ago not only that Abba had released a comeback single but I heard it in its entirety, complicated harmonies and all. It was called "Champions of the World". "We are champions of the world" - (note here that it is not THE champions of the world because of that slightly strange Swedish way they had with an English lyric) - "and with our flags unfurled, we will win in no uncertain manner". That was the first part of the chorus. It actually had three parts with the verse slightly reminiscent of "Knowing Me Knowing You" and the bridge resurrecting the lyric from "I Wonder" - "I wonder, it's frightening" - but to a different tune. In some ways it is a comedown. I have composed two symphonies in that way in the past. Both, if I say so myself, were excellent. It's just a damned shame I can't replicate any of it in real time when waking.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th March 2015, 8:15 PM GMT

I dreamt two nights ago not only that Abba had released a comeback single but I heard it in its entirety, complicated harmonies and all. It was called "Champions of the World". "We are champions of the world" - (note here that it is not THE champions of the world because of that slightly strange Swedish way they had with an English lyric) - "and with our flags unfurled, we will win in no uncertain manner". That was the first part of the chorus. It actually had three parts with the verse slightly reminiscent of "Knowing Me Knowing You" and the bridge resurrecting the lyric from "I Wonder" - "I wonder, it's frightening" - but to a different tune. In some ways it is a comedown. I have composed two symphonies in that way in the past. Both, if I say so myself, were excellent. It's just a damned shame I can't replicate any of it in real time when waking.

I once dreamt a single/video from Metallica. James Hatfield's body had some kind of warpaint on, very similar to Mel Gibson's in Braveheart, only green instead of blue. The song was extremely aggressive with unmelodic singing. It wasn't typical for Metallica's music around that time. One year later Metallica released the song Fuel, which was pretty similar in style to the track I've invented in my dream. Strange.