Eurovision Song Contest Page 24

...and no one voted for Switzerland.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd May 2015, 11:25 AM BST

...and no one voted for Switzerland.

Aw :( .......................... Laughing out loud

Dunno. Maybe. I have an octogenarian father who is very starry eyed and laps up every inch of light entertainment as if it were to be taken seriously. Yes, that's right. Seriously. So I always have this annual jamboree signposted by him a long time in advance. We go through the usual stuff with him expecting it to be like Sandie Shaw in 1967 and being surprised for the umpteenth year that it was a lot of rubbish. He doesn't know why he bothered etc etc. Rather than treating it like the trifle it has always been, he can be very disappointed by it and even almost angry if it is musically poor which, of course, it will be. Weird in someone who is usually noted for some humour. I reckon it goes back to him and his friends only coming second to Des O'Connor in a talent show at the Tooting Granada. Somewhere in his head it is not the 1960s but the early 1950s and the compere is one Bryan Michie.

Anyhow, these days I am inclined to say no to it although there were a fair few taking the piss post-student parties that were quite a laugh. The keeping of score cards. You thought that was good? Whaaat? This - which finished second in an act of daylight robbery - is my favourite of all time from someone who was unknown but then made some very "interesting" films! Loved her. Loved her song.

Amina Annabi - C'est le Dernier Qui a Parlé Qui a Raison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OcS7NAM_0

(Written by the-rather-good-in-his-own-right Wasis Diop)

Loved that. It was quite folksy, which suits me.

I just voted for Georgia - and not just because the girl in the thigh length boots was quite attractive.

Reminded me a bit of Toyah actually.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2015, 10:51 PM BST

I just voted for Georgia - and not just because the girl in the thigh length boots was quite attractive.

I know, 'cos she was always on your mind.

OMG ! Nigella Lawson announced the UK vote ! How's a boy supposed to sleep after that? !

At least Sweden won. If it's all political how come bloody Russia got so many points?

So we got 5 points but Germany and Austria got none!

So we didn't come last?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2015, 11:51 PM BST

If it's all political how come bloody Russia got so many points?

From all the countries looking at Ukraine and thinking 'F**k me. Better vote for Putin or we're next.'

Ended up waking up just in time to see the results.

Quote: reds @ 24th May 2015, 12:24 AM BST

Ended up waking up just in time to see the results.

Well you lot did respectably - unless everyone just voted for you to be polite.

The Australia song was good!

I liked the winner (cor), and was just glad Russia didn't win. How would they have hosted when gays are barely allowed in the flipping country?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2015, 11:51 PM BST

At least Sweden won.

Spoiler alert! Laughing out loud ...............like I give a f**k.

Watching the rerun. Don't love Austria and Germany but don't think they are bad enough to get no points.