Monty Python is dreadful Page 3

Quote: MrIntelligent Dude @ December 11 2010, 3:37 PM GMT

a pathetic effort to impress their peers.

And this is?

I haven't heard anyone recite a Monty Python sketch for about thirty years.
Are they suddenly hip with the kids or something or has the OP just come out of a coma?

Although he may have a point, after all what's so funny about Biggus Dickus?

Is it too late to vote for this in the sketch of the year competition?

I thinnk it could still be voted as troll fail of the year.

Quote: Aaron @ December 15 2010, 4:16 PM GMT

I thinnk it could still be voted as troll fail of the year.

*think*

But nice bounce.

It was a long think. I didn't come to any other conclusion.

I've always thought the Pythons TV output was 90% tiresome and 10% inspired genius. Love The Life of Brian and Holy Grail though.

Yeah, I've tried to watch the TV show and mostly get bored pretty quickly. There's the odd episode that works well but some of the sketches just drag on.

The films are great though.

Quote: Ben @ December 15 2010, 5:45 PM GMT

I've always thought the Pythons TV output was 90% tiresome and 10% inspired genius.

Quote: Leevil @ December 15 2010, 5:48 PM GMT

Yeah, I've tried to watch the TV show and mostly get bored pretty quickly. There's the odd episode that works well but some of the sketches just drag on.

I was aghast when first I heard such views verbalized in an episode of Family Guy ("You wouldn't believe what he did to Meg yesterday. He made her watch the other 178 hours of Monty Python stuff that isn't funny or memorable.") - and am surprised to read such sentiment being parroted by Brits posting on a British comedy forum. There is much to enjoy in the four series of Flying Circus.

Poor Monty. He was just being nice.

I was never particularly a fan but I watched an episode recently and found it was rather worse than I remembered. Films are better and it deserves its legendary status as the launchpad for Fawlty Towers, Ripping Yarns, The Rutles, Time Bandits et al.

Quote: Timbo @ December 15 2010, 11:36 PM GMT

I was never particularly a fan but I watched an episode recently and found it was rather worse than I remembered. Films are better and it deserves its legendary status as the launchpad for Fawlty Towers, Ripping Yarns, The Rutles, Time Bandits et al.

...Nuns On The Run, Rat Race, Himilaya With Michael Palin, Sahara With Michael Palin, Full Circle With Michael Palin, the US sitcom Nearly Departed...

:D

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 16 2010, 12:15 AM GMT

...Nuns On The Run, Rat Race, Himilaya With Michael Palin, Sahara With Michael Palin, Full Circle With Michael Palin, the US sitcom Nearly Departed...

Don't knock the Palin, but I grant you that Cleese and Idle have veen involved in more than their share of dross. And I was struggling to think of one notable post-Python project from Chapman, though I do have fond if dim memories of Out Of The Trees.

Quote: Kenneth @ December 15 2010, 8:54 PM GMT

am surprised to read such sentiment being parroted by Brits posting on a British comedy forum.

Shouldn't that be ex-parroted