Monty Python is dreadful Page 10

Not to mention outside of Python: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/complete_utter_history_britain/

Didn't Jones leave his wife for a younger model recently?

Agree that Palin seems very nice

He's done it a number of times, I believe.

Ew.

Jones has a 3 year old child doesn't he? Or at least a child around that age.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 14 2011, 2:28 PM BST

I remember reading this with some amusement, she was a student when they met. A young sexy student! :) Well done Terry, what a star. Wish I was fatter and older, I'd go and sit outside Oxford Uni with a penguin Nietche in my hand waiting for all the posh young totty to flock over to me adoringly. :) :) :)

I still prefer the Series to the Movies
As good as Life of Brian is, I think that if you went into it with no prior knowledge then "And Now for Something Completely Different" is funnier.

Quote: MrIntelligent2 Dude @ December 11 2010, 5:55 PM GMT

I've used 'not' at the end of a sentance before that dreadful film came out. Let me guess, you loved it right?

That's like saying I was a retard before it became fashionable.

Right, all round to mine now to watch "Fish slapping dance", Parrot Sketch and "The Lumberjack Song". I promise to laugh.

It occurs to me that although these are my personal favourites, the animation doesn't do much for me (apart from the dancing teeth), while for someone else Mr Gilliam's stuff may be the main attraction - it was for my art teacher, who insisted we all watched MPFC every week. And men dressed up as women probably draws a large audience as well - my favourite bit of the recent "Holy Flying Circus" was the Jones-Palin running joke.

I'd say it was inclusive, rather than elitist humour and if you didn't get the joke about the philosophers, never mind, as something completely different would come along in 30 seconds.

I saw Life of Brian recently. It reminded me a little of the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

I too like the films but not the series. A lot of my favourite comedies have a clear Python influence though. Stange how that happens.

I wished they'd used a different name. There's something about the way Americans say Monty Python that has a 'fingernails on a blackboard' effect on me. (although I guess that's more my issue than theirs).

Americans stress their words in really peculiar places.

They really bloody do. Gawd bless 'em.

I do remember when it first started I didn't watch it because the title seemed so unappealing. But then watched it through word of mouth at school.

Funny? I almost laughed.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 14 2011, 2:28 PM BST

Good work if you can get it.