That Friday Quiz Page 103

12. Proteins (proto)
14. Action Painting

Think Oldrocker means Mickey Mouse for question 3, not 2 BTW.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 1st February 2014, 1:33 AM GMT

12. Proteins (proto)
14. Action Painting

Think Oldrocker means Mickey Mouse for question 3, not 2 BTW.

Ta Pal.

Indeed I did.

Obviously bit too much when I posted that !

Can Someone reply to this so I can put a new quiz up

Answers

1.Which model celebrated her 40th birthday this week? Kate Moss
2.Who caused a stir by going shoeless? Emma Thompson
3.Which cartoon character was portrayed as the Sorceror's Apprentice in the film Fantasia? Mickey Mouse
4.Name the characters. Sir Basil & Lady Rosemary (from The Herbs)
5.Which word means a fixed number of people who are required to attend a meeting for its proceedings to be regarded as valid? Quorum
6.Which Athenian law-giver, whose penal code punished even trivial offences with death, has given his name to any system of repressive legal measures? Draco
7.What name is given to the technique of growing plants in a liquid nutrient solution, instead of soil? Hydroponics
8.Which butterfly takes its name from the small white patch on the underside of each wing that resembles a punctuation mark ? Comma
9.What links the two pictures? Liechtenstein

10.Who is this? Julie Gayet
11.Which England player won his 74th international cap in the 1966 World Cup final, making him the most-capped player in the team that day? Bobby Charlton
12.In human biology, what substances derive their name from the Greek for 'first', because of their primary importance to the body ? Protein
13.Where in Europe is this? Parc Asterix in France
14.What term, coined in the 1950s, describes painting created by activities such as riding a bicycle over the canvas? Action painting
15.Which company was formed in the early 17th century to compete with Spain, Portugal and the Dutch for the spice trade? East India Company
16.Which pasta is made in the form of narrow ribbons, and takes its name from the Italian for 'little tongues'? Linguine
17.In architecture, what name is usually given to the upright division between the panes of a window? Mullion
18.Picture a cube. You can see it has 6 faces, 8 corners and 12 edges. Now, if you took a machete and chopped off each corner with a single cut, how many edges are there now? 36

19.What links these pictures: Prisons (Slade; Sing Sing; Reading; Alcatraz (Spanish for pelican); Maze; Holloway)

20.Unscramble the two words C G I L M N O O O O P P CONGO & LIMPOPO

Sunshine is a bastard.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th February 2014, 1:40 PM GMT

Sunshine is a bastard.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
can someone else reply

15. Fangio

1. Somerset
4. Dick Emery

6.Singapore Sling
15.Laurence Edmondson?

2.Ukraine