That Friday Quiz Page 99

Hello Steve Have you got a quiz for us this week?

2. Toronto

3. Jericho

8. Alan B'Stard?

15 Art Garfunkel

14. Crepe suzette

6. Portico?

12. The Lavender Hill Mob

13. Rob Brydon and Phil Tufnell's love-chld.

With Eiffel towers

19. Broadcasting firsts.
S R toothpaste was the first advert on UK TV, Buggles the first video on MTV (?), Countdown/ Richard Whitely was the first show on Channel4 and were the Spice Girls first on Channel5?

9. Babel

14. Elton John

13. AP McCoy

10,Record Breakers

Quote: george roper @ 22nd November 2013, 7:28 PM GMT

10,Record Breakers

Or Cheggars Plays Pop?

Friday Quiz November 8th 2013
1.Who returned to his job in the ring after an unexpected night out on the town this week? Serge the llama (1/2 point for llama)
2.The mayor of which city has been caught taking illicit substances? Toronto
3.According to the Bible, the walls of which city fell down when the Israelites, led by Joshua, blew their trumpets? Jericho
4.What would you use this for in the kitchen? An egg separator
5.What name is given to the branch of chemistry that is concerned with the study of compounds of carbon? Organic chemistry
6.In classical architecture, what name is given to a roof structure supported by columns that forms the entrance to a building? Portico
7.In humans, which is the principal pigment determining the colour of skin, hair and eyes? Melanin
8.In TV comedy, what was the name of the fictional Tory MP who used to shout 'Go back to Russia!' whenever Labour MPs spoke in the House of Commons ? Alan B'stard
9.What links the two pictures? Babel. (Fish / tower)

10.Name the 1970s TV programme. Cheggers Plays Pop
11.Which London park that gets its name from its landscape of grass and trees was once used as a duelling ground? Green Park
12.In which film does a criminal gang plan to melt down their gold bullion booty and ship it to France disguised as small tourist souvenirs? The Lavender Hill Mob
13.Who is this? Record-breaking jockey AP / Tony McCoy
14.What name is given to a sweet pancake served in a flaming tangerine or orange sauce? Crepe Suzette
15.Which singer topped the charts as part of a famous duo in 1970, and later had number ones with his first two hits as a solo artist in 1975 and 1979? Art Garfunkel (No points for Simon & Garfunkel - read the question  )
16.What name, from the Greek for 'bird' and 'wings', is given to a flying machine with flapping wings, of which Leonardo da Vinci drew many detailed diagrams? Ornithopter
17.Some species of which brightly coloured small marine fish are particularly known for cleaning parasites from larger fish, and even cleaning their teeth for them? (Cleaner) wrasse
18.Whilst out driving my trusty Vauxhall Astra, I noticed the mileometer was showing a palindromic number - 13,931. Two hours later, I looked again, and to my amazement it was showing a different palindromic number. What is the most likely speed I had been driving at for the past two hours? 55mph. The new mileage was 14,041
19.What links these pictures: TV firsts (Spice Girls launched Channel 5; Gibbs SR was the first advert shown on ITV; Video Killed the Radio Star by Buggles was first song played on MTV; Countdown was first programme shown on Channel 4)

20.Unscramble these two words A E E H I O O R R S T T HARE & TORTOISE

No Googling
2 answers max each first go round.