That Friday Quiz Page 98

Where do you find this Steve? Or do you make it yourself?

I think 8 is Pilsner.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 15th November 2013, 2:31 PM GMT

Where do you find this Steve? Or do you make it yourself?

I used to get them e mailed to our office in an old job from some guy called Terry
You e mail back the answers & he puts up who's won each week when he send the answers.

When I left I asked if he'd keep sending me the quiz
I never enter anymore though, as my current office are rubbish at quizzes

Thanks Steve.

I think 19 is magnets

Correct Answers.

Friday Quiz November 1st 2013
1.A 6-1 defeat sealed the fate of which group of clergy this week? The St Louis Cardinals - who lost the final game of the baseball World Series to the Boston Red Sox
2.An undersea tunnel for rail travel, linking two continents, has just opened. Where? Istanbul
3.What is the name of the Benedictine monk who, according to legend, invented champagne? Dom Perignon
4.You would find this character in the folklore of which people? Russians / Slavs - she is baba yaga.
5.The term for which figure of speech, where apparently contradictory terms are placed together, comes from the Greek for 'sharp' and 'foolish'? Oxymoron
6.What name is given to a pair of stars rotating about a common centre of mass under their mutual gravitational attraction? Binary (system)
7.Which area of central London gives its name to the group of writers, artists and thinkers who lived or met there in the early twentieth century? Bloomsbury
8.Which type of lager takes its name from the town, now in the Czech Republic, where it was originally brewed in the 1840s? Pils / Pilsener
9.What links the two pictures? Incredible. (The Incredible Shrinking Man / Incredible Journey)

10.Name the film? The Cabin in the Woods
11.Which BBC television sports programme first aired in 1958, and appeared for the last time in 2007? Grandstand
12.In musical notation, which note, also called the whole note, has double the value of the minim? Semi breve
Name the two people.
Professor Plum & Professor Green
14.What name is given to a picture on three panels, typically hinged vertically, and often used as an altarpiece? Triptych
15.In DIY, what term is used for the enlargement of the rim of a drilled hole so that a screw or bolt can be inserted flush with the surface? Countersinking
16.Which word of medieval Latin origin means 'in exactly the same words as were used originally? Verbatim
17.What did John Steed usually carry in The Avengers? An umbrella
18.My mum wants 1p, 2p, 3p, 5p and 10p stamps. She said to get four each of two denominations and three each of the others, but I can't remember which ones. She did give me exactly the right amount of money though, all in 10p coins. How many of each stamp does she want? 4 x 2p and 4 x 5p. 3 of everything else
19.What links these pictures: GHOST. (Ghost train; ghost writer; ghost town; ghostbuster; ghost koi)

20.Unscramble these two words B E E E F I L M O O R W W Z WEREWOLF & ZOMBIE

3. Dom Perignon

14. Triptych

15. Counter sink (ing)

17. Umbrella

11.Grandstand

and name the two people

mozart and professor green?

13. Professor Plum (Cluedo) and Professor Green (twat)

16. Verbatim

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th November 2013, 2:54 PM GMT

Correct Answers.

3. Dom Perignon

8. Pils/Pilsner

11. Grandstand

13. Professor Plum & Professor Green

14. Triptych

15. Countersinking

16. Verbatim

17. Umbrella ella ella ay ay ay

Only two at a time Steve, you know the rul . .. .

Oh! sorry !

:)

Question 18

1p x 3
2p x 4
3p x 3
5p x 4
10p x 3

4. Russia (Baba Yaga)
5. Oxymoron

7. Bloomsbury

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th November 2013, 1:44 PM GMT

And now we await the question that must be never be asked, but has been hidden in plain sight all the time.....

The one time you want George Roper to ask if you're having a quiz this week and he doesn't

Sorry Steve I was out all afternoon watching micky flanagan in nottingham .